“Consistently Excellent”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I have tried most of the indian restaurants in Gravesend and I have now settled on this one as my regular. The curries are not only very good but they are *always* very good, unlike some other places I have been in Gravesend. The prices are reasonable and the take away is a similarly great quality also. The restaurant is very nicely decorated and a lovely place for an evening out.

1  Thank Emma C
Shumz7, Manager at Shapla, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2015

Thank you for your comment and supporting us from many years .
hope see you again .

There are newer reviews for Shapla

Reviewed May 14, 2014

We are not short of a few places to eat out in Gravesend but it takes some courage to open a new restaurant right in the middle of two of the best in town. This makes a statement to me that was one of the main reasons I first visited this place. I was not disappointed. The food is excellent, the restaurant is well fitted out and the staff were great. Quite possibly the best Indian Restaurant in Gravesend.

1  Thank English B
Shumz7, Manager at Shapla, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2015

Thank you for your comment and supporting us from many years .
hope see you again .

Reviewed April 25, 2014

I've eaten in all the Indian restaurants in gravesend but this was the first time I'd taken my daughter out for an Indian meal so wanted to take her somewhere that I totally trust to deliver consistent quality. The shapla's Chicken Tikka Razzala is the best I've eaten anywhere, it is so full of a depth if flavour, perfect for a young diner. Everything was wonderful, I was driving so only had a glass of the house White Sauvignon which was very very drinkable and deliciously cold. The staff are always attentive, I read a review of poor service on valentines day which surprised me as I also ate there on the night and found the relaxed but attentive service for a long leisurely romantic night out spot on. I've been to some restaurants that can't wait to get you out but the Shapla is so friendly you want to stay a while longer.

2  Thank Amanda S

Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

What more can I say; this restaurant was faultless. We found that the food, service, value and attention to detail far exceeded our expectations and we would highly recommend this restaurant. We'll certainly be back for seconds soon!

2  Thank SLBARNESY

Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

Had several visits to shapla now, and a couple of takeaways. Food has always been excellent, with plenty of choice for all curry lovers, from hot and chilli naga through to mild and rich korma. The service is always spot on as well, with no delays to drinks orders or top ups. The guys who work here always have a smile and will explain the strength of curries if necessary. Overall it's a great experience here and Shapla is now one of the top Indian restaurants in the area.

2  Thank singledingle