“Original”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Whenever we go out locally for an Indian meal we always choose this restaurant.we always go on a Friday or Saturday evening.this restaurant is always busy on those nights so it's best to book..the food is always wonderful and the service is great.we are always welcomed by smile and handshakes..we never had a bad meal in all time we have been going there and I can recommend this place to anyone u will not b disappointed good luck.,!

2  Thank stuff420

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Always get what I pay for,enjoyed a delicious main meal and starter. Both very filling.the staff very good helpful and fun.will go there again,if your in gravesend you must try it....

2  Thank JESS S

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I think it is fair to say that Gravesend, in North Kent, has more than its fair share of Indian restaurants. Two of the very best Indian restaurants in town is the Cafe Taj and Tufail both in Parrock Street. I was surprised when the Shapla opened right in between two of the best we have.
You have to have something special and some real confidence in your food and staff to take on the big guns. My daughter is a regular at the Shapla and persuaded us to get a big take away. This was by far the very best Indian take away I have EVER had. Next I visited the Shapla and found it quite exquisite. This week I have been back again and the standard is simply superb. Great atmosphere, great attentive staff without hovering and simply the BEST Indian food around with the only exception of actual home cooked Punjabi.
If you want really good quality Indian food in a very nice setting, you will not be disappointed
with Shapla.

3  Thank English B

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Great Service! Food was amazing. Theres a fella named 'theo', provided excellent customer service, overall, excellent.

2  Thank Raywinston79

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Thoroughly enjoyed a Saturday evening meal here with my husband. The food was absolutely delicious and the staff attentive but not "in your face" as at some other restaurants I could name. The decor is very tasteful. The chicken dishes used real chicken and not that "forced" meat you sometimes get, the food was hot and spiced beautifully. The poppadoms were fresh, which I think is always a good sign!! The bill was also very reasonably and we were offered a drink on the house. We have also had a takeaway from here and the food was just as delicious, hot and tasty. Thoroughly recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank Sezsahara1