“Excellent food a d staff are great!”
Review of Kohinoor Spice

Kohinoor Spice
Reserve with OpenTable
Kohinoor Spice is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 134 Restaurants in Gravesend
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

We live in the local area and use the Kohinoor regularly. The food is always excellent and nothing is too much trouble for the staff. They are happy to tailor dishes at your request and when eating in the restaurant always offer to give you any over ordered food from your meal to take home.

The Sunday buffet is exceptionally good value! The staff don't rush you through the courses and are happy to give recommendations on what to order.

Overall this restaurant is highly recommended. Food and staff are great, much better than others in the local area!!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We thought we would try out the Sunday Buffet as my friend who lives locally recommended it to me and said it was good value for money and the food and staff was friendly and the food was fresh to order.

We waited 45 minutes until we asked how long it would take for our starter to arrive to be told by the Waiter that "The fish is being melted" I responded, "You mean defrosting?" In which he said "Yes". I then asked, "Is it not fresh fish?" In which he responded, "We don't do fresh fish" As you can imagine the comment put us off the food!

We requested the cheque as we wanted to leave! The cheque was finally bought over to us after four more times of asking, as they tried to explain to us that the waiter should not of said what he said and the fish is frozen and that our starter were now ready to eat.

I had to walk out the restaurant as I was getting very frustrtaed as they were not listeing to us and left my husband still trying to pay the bill.

We had been waiting for 45 minutes to see a table of 3, who came in after us and ordered after us, to be served before us their starter and main!

On trying to settle our bill, when we eventually go it, for the drinks the staff then advised us that our mains were ready. Why would I want to eat my starter and main at the same time!!!
Still attempting to serve us the food they asked if my husband could wait as the manager was coming to speak him in which he said he just wanted to leave and not waste anymore of our Sunday evening waiting in the restaurant.

I would not recommend this restaurant due to our experience and especially if they defrost fish to order, surely this is not safe and do they defrost everything!???

Very disappointing as my friend raved about this restaurant and the food that was being bought out to other customers did look nice.

5  Thank loan030778
Reviewed May 12, 2013

The food is reliably good, excellent service and local! What more could you need. Very good service and they're always ready for a chat. We live nearby and go regularly we have taken friends and family numerous time and always eaten very well!!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Really nice authentic Indian restaurant. Great menu, beautiful food, good service. Will definately go back when in the area

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Using Trip Advisor to find somewhere to eat Kohinoor seemed a good shout.

Very friendly staff who kept the balance right of service and discretion. Food was sublime and each dish just seemed to get better.