Thames House
$47
$40
Priceline
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Thurrock Lakeside(Grays Thurrock)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have stayed here five times since September 2012 and can't recommend it highly enough. I stayed in both the main house and the Mission House and both rooms were well decorated, clean with lots of lovely little touches (binoculars for Thames-viewing, fresh milk, sweets, lovely big towels!). Claire does a great breakfast with a good choice of continental or cooked. I travel a lot for work and this is by far the best B&B I have stayed in. My only minor niggle would be a fairly weak in-and-out wifi signal although I normally find that this is the case in any hotel or B&B.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I travel to Kent regularly for work, staying a few days at a time. Having stayed previously in cheaper accommodation, I booked in to Thames House last December as a Christmas treat for myself and was so impressed I deleted my carefully constructed list of other B & Bs and have not stayed anywhere else for the past year. Breakfast is superb, cooked freshly for you and the time you asked for. All the beautiful, well equipped rooms have views of the Thames. In these 10 visits I have been supremely lucky with the weather - sunrise over the river is amazing. There are even binoculars in the room (C Hoe) to make sure you don't miss anything. Claire and Andy take a genuine interest in their guests and establish a rapport instantly. I have never felt so well looked after in a B & B and look forward to my visits.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 25, 2012

We only had a nights stay, we would have loved to have stayed longer.. The house is so beautiful, well decorated , very clean, the views were wonderful from our room..
I can't praise the owner, Claire, enough for making us feel so very welcome. Breakfast was cooked fresh, so was the bread!!! It really was a one of the best B and B's we have ever stayed in. Being an ex hotelier I am very fussy, this really was for me just great
Thank you so much, see you again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Very well presented accomodation with a warm welcome,good attention to detail and good local knowledge

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank DaveFev
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I booked for a one night stay, as I was working nearby the following day.
This B & B is outstanding – my room and bathroom were very stylish, airy, extremely clean, neat and very tidy. It had all the mod cons, with lots of little personal touches and I have to say a wonderful view of ‘Ole Father Thames’. Claire is a lovely host and it’s clearly evident that she really enjoys what she does. There is nothing about my stay that I can fault – My only moan is that that I was unable to sample the lovely cooked breakfast because I had to leave early prior to when the cooked breakfast was served – It was torture, it smelt so nice :-( ha ha ha
Highly recommended