“La Anchor is a little gem!”

La Anchor Bar & Pizzeria
Ranked #1 of 74 Restaurants in Goole
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Dine in our stylish restaurant and enjoy the warm atmosphere. Savour the smell of freshly cooked Italian cuisine, cooked to perfection by Italian chefs in an open kitchen. OPEN Tuesday - Saturday: 5.00pm Onwards Sunday: 12noon Onwards Bank Holidays: 5.00pm Onwards
East Yorkshire
“La Anchor is a little gem!”
Reviewed July 4, 2011

I cannot recommend La Anchor highly enough - it has everything: beautiful location, excellent service, great food, drink and atmosphere. The family-owned bar and restaurant is welcoming to say the least - everyone is greeted like family. The service is second to none, nothing is too much trouble and the owners are constantly looking for ways to improve. We visit La Anchor regularly and have asked for certain wines (which were waiting for us the next time we visited), additional choices on the dessert menu as well as special food requests due to my Mum having a severe dairy allergy. The atmosphere is always warm, friendly and relaxing - whether you call in for a drink at the bar, a quick meal at the bar tables or a full meal - La Anchor is the PERFECT venue for any family get together, romantic meal or special occasion.

• Visited July 2011
3 Thank curlywilliams

York
“My Favourite Restaurant!”
Reviewed June 24, 2011

La Anchor always gets top marks in my book. I eat here on a regular basis and I am Italian, I have grown up eating Italian food, I travel to Italy every year, mainly for the food and you simply cannot beat this restaurant. You can see for yourself when you walk through the door, they are always busy and you are always surrounded by friendly faces who provide excellent service to match the excellent food. They always manage to give me a little piece of home and understand that eating is an experience, it's about families coming together to enjoy good food and family time. They never rush you to the table feed you as fast as they can and rush you out. They let you read the menus, and enjoy the relaxing lounge area without any pressure to hurry up! All their food is made fresh from scratch, the way good food should be made. And the price is very reasonable, if I wanted cheap, fast food, I would go somewhere where the food is taken out of the freezer and put in the microwave or fat fryer!!! I simply cannot praise this restaurant enough. THANK YOU FOR BEING THE BEST RESTAURANT EVER AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK EVERYONE!!!

3 Thank Heminleyjo8ni
Eggborough
“Fantastic food, amazing atmosphere, excellent service.”
Reviewed June 22, 2011

I have visited La Anchor quite a few times now and because of the excellent food and service I chose to hold my fathers 60th birthday celebration there. I couldn't have picked a better place. I delivered balloons and a cake prior to our party arriving, and they were put on our table and the cake was brought out and even the waiter sang happy birthday to my Dad. It was a very busy Saturday evening but we were treated like the only party there. Fantastic service, the food is outstanding and a great atmosphere just tops it all off.

3 Thank Keely0810
Castleford, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Awful!”
Reviewed June 20, 2011

We went to La Anchor for a family meal. We had 4 kids with us. Yes they got to make their own pizza so they found that entertaining but the staff seat you for a drink 1st. Then after 25 mins asked us if we were ready to order. With 4 kids you cant be sitting around that long.
When the menu finally did arrive the choice was poor!
A Specials menu was offered that was an outrageous price!!
When the starters arrived after 45 mins of being in the restaurant I have to say they were very disappointing.
DO NOT ORDER GARLIC MUSHROOMS. They were covered in garlic salt that was that bitter it was inedible. The pizza garlic bread was also over garlic'd and so was like biting into a bulb of garlic.
Then the mains came and it was just so over salted. Everything tasted of salt. SOmeone else on the table ordered the crab ravioli and was gutted to find only 4 little raviolis and a lot of sauce to cover the fact up.
The rest of the dishes ordered were also over salted and aftert waiting 1.5 hours for the mains it was atrocious!
And as for the service! well that was no existant!
I will not be returning to La Anchor ever!

3 Thank Kirstycas
Selby, United Kingdom
“Even better than last time”
Reviewed June 15, 2011

It was my partner's birthday and 10 of us descended on La Anchor for a celebration meal. One of the party is coeliac and cannot eat food containing gluten but this didn't present a problem to La Anchor as they have gluten free pasta and cook everything from fresh so were able to offer a wide variety of choice.
The food was excellent as always, staff extremely helpful and everyone had a fantastic time.

3 Thank MickandSally15