“Lunch in the sun”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Visited this pub for lunch on 30/6/14 with my 2 daughters. Ordered drinks at the bar. I and one of my daughters ordered a Pimms each. Had to wait a few mins as I think the person serving was being trained. The Pimms was lovely but although having ice and mint added to it it didn't have any chopped fruit or cucumber which I usually get when i order Pimms at other bars and pubs. We sat in the garden in the glorious sunshine. We decided to all have the sharing platter which consisted of halloumi, hot chilli prawns, scallops, Italian music bread (which was delicious) and we added a portion of mushrooms and chips. It was more than enough and everything was cooked really well although there could have been a bit more halloumi. I will definately be returning there for lunch again in the near future.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

Although I have passed this Restaurant many times, yesterday (31-7-14) was the first time I have visited. My wife and I, after shopping in Crews Hill decided to find some refreshment. Went to the Robin Hood just for a drink, saw others eating and decided that we would eat as well, something light. we ordered , White bait each with Prawns, Queenies ( small scallops) to shear, 4 dishes in all. Presentation was excellent and the taste was even better, hence the title of my review MOST ENJOYABLE. the price was £15-50 for the four dishes. so pricewise was also excellent. The décor of the restaurant was very nice, clean and uncluttered, with plenty of room for the diners, service was about average, and the staff were well turned out, pleasant and looked as though they enjoyed serving you. Well done to all. We will definitely visit the Robin Hood again. The sooner the better.

1  Thank Skipper142
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

We went for Sunday lunch and really enjoyed it. I had roast turkey and everyone else I was with had roast beef. The food was lovely, portion sizes were good (the kids meals were a generous portion) and the Yorkshire puddings were a definite highlight for me - seriously, they were huge! I topped off a fab roast with Eton Mess which was lovely.

The atmosphere was good; it was very busy but given the quality of the food I'm not surprised!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Went to this pub for lunch and sat in the garden with the sun shining. Very pleasant and the food was good as was the service. There is also a covered area you can sit when it is raining but warm enough to sit outside.
Also returned for an evening meal when meeting with friends and again the food and service was good.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We booked a table here for a Saturday evening. Fast efficient service, the food was lovely, highly recommend for a relaxing evening or a pub lunch.