“Great for food and cocktails”
Review of La Mexicana - CLOSED

La Mexicana
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Ideal place to visit as a couple, family or with friends. Sombreros and cowboy hats are littered about for you to wear and become swept up in the atmosphere.

The cocktail menu is very good and the drinks are simply delicious.

The food offering is as you'd expect from a Mexican restaurant, all served quickly and are also good quality. Service is friendly and helpful.

Would recommend.

There are newer reviews for La Mexicana

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Went here with my two friends for a catch up. I was out voted because i wanted to go to TGI Fridays. However I'm glad we didn't. The food is much nicer and very filling. The cocktails are great too .. With good prices. Will be back very soon!

1  Thank Noir_92
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Dined at La Mexicana today (6th October 2013) for an early Sunday dinner and was pleasantly surprised!

I'd been past this restaurant so many times, but had always visited Chimichanga instead and had always noticed it being super busy on a Friday and Saturday.

The food was delicious, far nicer than Chimichanga, and the portions were lovely and generous!
I ordered classic nachos as a starter; very tasty with lots of guacamole and cheese (food heaven!!) and for my main course I ordered a Enchilada. This was super tasty and the enchilada was pretty big, I had trouble finishing it all!
The food was so good once I returned home I had a 2hour nap!!

The staff are very helpful and friendly which made the experience all the more pleasant, I'll definitely be visiting again.

1  Thank GML_88
Reviewed September 28, 2013

went here on Friday, the 6 of us.... the atmosphere was good and the staff were really friendly, but waiting to be served was a bit of a wait and waiting for the food was also quite long. most of the meals were really nice, although my friends who had the ribs, complained they were a little overdone. the cocktails were great though. the restaurant was clean and although I didn't have to use the little girls room, my friends said it was clean. would love to come back if the waiting wasn't a problem.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Booked this restaurant for my birthday, celebrating with friend's and reconfirmed my reservation and no's on the day.

On arrival the manager acknowledged us then with no explantion went behind the bar and began a heated discussion with a staff member ! We watched on bemused with another couple who were also waiting to be seated. Eventually the manager returned to inform us our table wasn't available as the staff had not followed the seating plan for this evening . Furthermore if we wanted a table it would have to be "upstair's" which causes him problem's because he had not envisaged he would have diner's upstair's this evening and therefore he hadn't enough staff on duty, so service level's would be affected. Inconceivable !!! No wonder the couple also waiting left the restaurant on hearing this. We should have done so at that point but were unsure, especially being a Friday night and party size how easy it would be to get a table elsewhere.

We were then taken upstairs by the staff member the manager had an altercation with, his demeanor was one of a person completely cheesed off and hardly put's you in a celebratory mood ! The upstairs was cold and soulless and we asked if our drinks order could be taken and if we could have some background music playing please. None of this happened as the tables we were seated at needed to be cleaned ! Surely we should have been offered drinks downstairs at the bar whilst cleaning was in motion upstairs and then shown to our table ?? We ordered drinks and with no sign of a bevearge arriving (we had been in the restaurant 30 mintues by now) , made the correct decision to leave .

Spoke to the manager informing him we were leaving as we still hadn't received our drinks and was informed they were doing them !! This manager clearly needs to take responsibility and ownership of his restaurant, whilst undergoing training in management and customer service. I find it exceedingly unprofessional when manager's blame their staff when thing's go wrong, being a manager doesn't make you unaccountable !! You're the manager, surely you should cast your eyes over the seating plan to confirm it mirror's with reservations you have booked !?! Then you should have demonstrated some customer service skill's, afterall good customer service is the lifeblood of any business !!!

1  Thank Jayne W