“Fantastic fish and chips”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Fish and Chips

Fish and Chips
Ranked #16 of 155 Restaurants in Enfield
Cuisines: British, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Fantastic fish and chips”
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Didn't have to wait long for a good table on Saturday night and even managed to receive the early bird discount even though we had to wait for our table which was after 6 pm Fantastic service we ordered our food whilst we waited and it came as we were showed to our table. Some may argue that they were trying to hurry us up but I would say that there is nothing worse than waiting for you food when you are hungry. Overall lovely restaurant in Enfield Town.

London, England, United Kingdom
“The best fish and chips in London.”
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

Since moving to London I have tried many fish and chip shops and I have always been disappointed. Left wondering why it's so expensive and not very good. When I saw the sign go up for @fishandchips I was eagerly awaiting the opening and had high hopes. I was not disappointed. Both the takeaway and the restaurant provide food to a high standard. The batter is crisp and the chips are what chip shop chips should be. All the fish is To a high standard whether fried or grilled as is the scampi. The service has always been great, but it is very busy at the weekends, probably due to the quality if the food. This is now my regular and I highly recommend it to all. If I moved to south London I would still come here for excellent fish and chips.

London
“Nice new place in Enfield”
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Only been there for a take away but the food was good. It`s conveniently placed just outside of the town centre with some parking outside.

Leavening, United Kingdom
“Food very good, but service needs work.”
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

There were seven of us who turned up on spec. We were given the choice of waiting for a table of 8 or having a table of 6 with an extra chair on the end. We chose the latter. Once seated a drinks order was taken which took several goes to get right. Food was ordered. Being cooked fresh it took a while to arrive, fine, but why did the only child's meal (sausages) take much longer?When it did it was wrong, serving mash instead of chips. The food was good. All the adults who had fish and chips (cod, haddock and hake) rated it highly. The one fish pie was deemed good. Fish portions were large, batter crisp chips and chips were great. Everyone felt that the portion size of the mushy peas was excessively large. About a dessert bowl size, much was left over after everyone had taken what they wanted. Basic desserts were available, I had a good blackcurrent sorbet. The lemon sorbet was deemed too sharp. But the two choc & nut brownies were good. So food was good, but mistakes were made in the service. It was a busy night and it seemed popular with a wide demographic of locals.

London
“Excellent quality. Didn't know I was in Enfield”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Eating out in Enfield is not a great experience but we went to F and C in London Road this evening and were taken aback by the both the high quality of the food and the charming service. Our daughter is in the hospitality business and she was impressed. Will definitely be going back.

• Visited January 2013