“Nice meal”

The Beautiful South
Ranked #1 of 165 Restaurants in Enfield
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: James Greer (chef/proprietor) started his career at Killybegs catering college in County Donegal which enabled him to enter some of Europe’s most prestigious kitchens. To mention a few; Robert Carriers, Hilton Park Lane, London’s Governor House, Hilton Zurich and the Black Forest’s Gasthof Zum Lowen. Whilst working as Head Chef at the Royal Lancaster Hotel that he met his wife Moira, who was positioned in the banqueting department alongside acclaimed caterer Faye Schneider. In 1998 they achieved their dream of opening their own restaurant, the Beautiful South. “Over the last 15 years I have developed and adapted the menus to show off my passion for cooking and would now describe the food as modern French with a British influence. I prefer to use seasonal produce in the dishes and menus that I create. I select local suppliers whenever possible, allowing me to get the freshest products ingredients delivered daily. We create and cook all our dishes in the restaurant which also includes a fantastic selection of desserts. We also have experience of banqueting in major London hotels and are able to cater and offer help with organising any special events such as Conferences, Weddings, Christenings, Birthdays, Bar Mitzvahs etc.”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Four of us ate here and found the food to be good quality and ample portions,my daughter and her partner were well catered for on the menus for the choice of veggie meals.

1  Thank Keith797

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Pleasant owners good varied menu fresh fish good selection of wines and cosy friendly warm atmosphere parking all around I like this place my wife keeps dragging me to the west end but this is just as good at half the hassle

1  Thank Andrew I
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Delicious steak and other friends thought their food was really well cooked. Simple dishes and plenty of meat choices and steaks. Prawn starter was delicious. Feels a tad 'retro' but in a good quality way. Its been there years and has a good reputation among locals.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

The meal we had in the Beautiful South was the best i've have had for over 10 years. When you walk in you feel a real sense of atmosphere, with a sense of warmth to it. We were served straight away with VERY pleasant staff. We ordered our drinks and soon after we were handed our menus. There is a great choice with about 8 options to start with a special for starters and mains. For mains there is 3 sections to choose from: Meat, fish and pasta. With more options to choose from the specials board. I started with the french onion soup and my two other friends had melon and gravalax. My soup was delicious and the two other dishes looked delicious too.
For our mains I had Steak which was cooked perfectly with my two other friends having sea bass and calves liver. My steak was fantastic and I tried a piece of calves liver and that was gorgeous. The sea bass also looked good. We didn't have deserts but the table next to us, had deserts and they looked fabulous! I higher enjoyed my night and would defiantly go back again! One of the best in Enfield!

3  Thank Connor J
Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Although it was a set meal, I thought it was excellent, would have been happy to eat any of the choices.
The only problem, is that it is very noisy when full, making conversation difficult.