“Nice clean hotel, friendly staff, picturesque countryside views.”
Review of Royal Chace Hotel

Royal Chace Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Enfield
London, United Kingdom
“Nice clean hotel, friendly staff, picturesque countryside views.”
Reviewed December 19, 2010

I stayed at the hotel due to a power cut at home. Chosed this hotel due to being close to home and previous reviews. Nice clean hotel, friendly staff, picturesque countryside views.
Big thanks to Stacey at the bar as she was very helpful when I was ordering the food, very patient.

• Stayed December 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Hessle, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 7, 2010

I stayed here with my colleagues during a business trip to our site in Enfield. The price, at just £72 per night, was excellent and included a very filling breakfast!
The room was quite small but well presented including flat screen television and the usual tea/coffee etc.
I couldn't get logged onto the wifi so minus points for that, but everything else was nice enough and I would stay here again in future...

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
N Wales
Reviewed October 7, 2010

I thought I would be staying in boring suberbs, but the countryside was lovely, the hotel peaceful despite two events being held. the staff were friendly.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2010

The hotel is in a beautiful location and has easy access to the M25. It has a lovely, warm and friendly atmosphere. All staff were extremely helpful and friendly. All parts of the hotel were very clean. Our room was very clean and comfortable, although the beds were a little too firm for our liking due to ailments from which my wife and I suffer. We ate in the restaurant and the food was delicious both at dinner and breakfast and was good value for money. We will definitely stay at this hotel in future visits to the area and would highly recommend it. The owners/management should be very proud.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
UK
Reviewed September 7, 2010

I find it hard to believe this hotel is 4 stars. I have stayed before only because there was no other option. I didn't have a great experience the first time but thought I'd give it another go, and it disappointed yet again.

The rooms look nice enough, everything is very clean and the bathrooms are great... if you get lucky.

The first time I stayed I had a nice big bathroom with a nice shower, fan, working toilet, etc. This most recent time I actually payed more for my room and got the tiniest shower where the door hardly even closed so there was water all over the floor and I kept hitting the edges of the shower! And I'm a slim 5'3 girl!! Though very clean, the sink and toilet looked a bit old compared to the ones I had before, and took a few flushes just to flush down some toilet paper so a bit of a nuissance.

As for sleeping. Don't necessarily expect to sleep much, especially if you're staying over the weekend. You could hear absolutely everything from someone snoring in a room across the hall to someone having a late night telephone call and even a morning trip to the bathroom!!! Gross!! So, you then think you could at least get a lie in after staying up all night listening to drunk people slamming doors and talking in their rooms until 3am.. but no. Unfortunately housekeeping start knocking on doors very early, and you could hear all the cleaning going on so no chance of a lie in either!

There is no air conditioning so if you get a room where the bathroom has no fan, your sleeping area gets hot even faster and curtains are very thick so unless you're happy to sleep with curtains all the way open then you won't get any air. They do provide a little rotating fan but it's horrendously loud. The television is a nightmare, the remote control only worked half the time and the TV was placed awkwardly far left of the bed.

I didn't bother mentioning all the problems with my room except the fact that I didn't get any sleep because of the noise (maybe it's better during the week? Though I doubt it). And all I got was a 'oh, sorry about that'. And that's it. I wasn't asking for a refund, I just wanted a genuine apology at least!

Also, on a seperate note, on the weekend the staff are nice enough and polite. However, the time I stayed early in the week most of the staff were really very young (teenage!) and unprofessional, the ones at reception hardly seemed to know what was going on!

If you're not driving it's going to cost to get taxis. A minicab to Oakwood station is £6, to Southgate it's at least £10.

On a positive note. The steak sandwich at the Chace bar is fantastic (don't expect great service from the young staff, they don't even think twice about bad-mouthing other customers in front of you!!). And you get free wifi. And like I said before, the place is very clean. That's about it.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 1, 2010

As a regular traveller and frequent visitor to the Royal Chace I cannot praise the hotel highly enough.
The accommodation, service, food and in particular the staff are all very friendly and professional.
Any requests are dealt with speedily and efficiently with the minimum of fuss.
The surroundings are very pleasant, especially on a Summers Day.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Manchester
Reviewed August 27, 2010

I couldn't fault anything about my visit to the Royal Chace Hotel. It's difficult to choose the one thing that stands out but if I had to it would be the staff and their professionalism. Everyone was so attentive, courteous and polite. Whatever training is provided needs to be enforced on the rest of the UK! The other thing that stands out is the cleanliness of my ensuite bathroom. I'm not sad enough to do an inspection but every evening I returned to the hotel it was as if a new suite had been installed that day again! I would thoroughly recommend The Royal Chase to anyone visiting the area, it was a pleasure to stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
West Lodge Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Broxbourne
Waltham Abbey Marriott Hotel
Waltham Abbey Marriott Hotel
#2 of 2 in Waltham Abbey

Been to Royal Chace Hotel? Share your experiences!