“Big mess”
Review of Royal Chace Hotel

Royal Chace Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Enfield
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I never write in tripadvisor even though i follow it.....anyway, this hotel messed up big time and I wanted to let you guys know.

We were a bunch of us staying in the hotel the night before my friends wedding. Basically, we all had a twin room but then they messed it up and I ended up without a bed. They wanted to give me a fold up bed which I accepted. Then they came with a foldable bed which was broken so in the end i had to sleep on the floor. My compensation? 50% discount.

I checked out the day after.

Location wise it is also in the middle of nowhere - so bare that in mind for costs to/from hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo

Reviewed July 14, 2010

I stayed at the Royal Chace on 11 June and I had a warm welcome and everything was fine until I noticed a hole in my bedding I rang reception and was very surprised when a very smartly dressed man arrived and from the outset he was very friendly and apologetic. While talking it emerged that he was the manager, I asked why he was doing such a menial job and why did he not delegate. His reply was very refreshing and down to earth he said words to this effect "one of the things he likes about his job is that no two days are the same and he likes the variety his job brings". He gave the impression that he does not believe in an us and them mentality which I think is a very impressive. He was more than happy to change the sheets; which he did very professionally. Before leaving he asked if there was anything else he could do. I was so impressed that I completed a guest questionnaire. I would recommend the Royal Chace Hotel as they go that one step further to make sure your stay is all it could be.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 12, 2010

I got married at the Royal Chace Hotel, and stayed there for 2 nights also. The staff were brilliant from start to finish, they checked me into my rooms (1st night standard room, 2nd night bridal suite) early both days, so that I didnt have to trawl around with luggage, and we found our rooms immaculate, with everything we could need provided for us!
They arranged for all the smaller details of our wedding to be organised for us so there was no stress on the day, putting out place cards, boxing up wedding cake, scattering the tables with confetti and they even gave us the cake knife we used as a present to remember the day! We felt ths was a lovely touch!
The breakfast which was included, was lovely, it set us all up for the day, there is plenty of choice and the staff were on hand to help where needed. There is a gym and a pool on site, but I didnt unfortunately get time to use these facilites. The pool looked very clean and inviting though!
I couldnt recommend the Royal Chace Hotel enough. I feel it is the best hotel in the area, the staff were absolutely brilliant. My wedding guests were commenting about how polite and approachable they found the staff behind the bar in the pavillion that evening. The managers in Banqueting and Events really reassured myself and my husband, and we felt comfortable knowing they had eveything under control. If you are looking to get married in Enfield, this would be an excellent venue, especially the Pavillion out in the grounds of the hotel. Its the first venue I came across that would allow us to have a BBQ for the wedding breakfast, and served it all up for us. We found it very flexible.
So to sum up, excellent Hotel to stay in for a short break, and an even better wedding venue! I will be staying for my 10th anniversary!!

• Stayed: June 2010
Reviewed July 8, 2010

I was heading up to the Cereal show in Royston, Cambridgeshire and was unable to find a hotel anywhere in the locality; I stumbled across this hotel when surfing the net, glad I did as I will certainly use again next year.

The hotel is well placed North of London for a quick sprint up the Motorway to Cambridge.

Staff were excellent, well presented and mannered and couldn't do enough for you, my room was clean and tidy and the food was excellent.

The WI-FI whilst useful struggled to work well in the hotel room, although if you find a quite corner of the bar it worked a little better.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 5, 2010

We booked this hotel at 8.30 am on Saturday. After being totally ripped off by another hotel in the area. They let us put our bags in the room and then also let us have breakfast which was fabulous. The place is immaculate. The staff brilliant and the location scenic. They even supplied extra fans for the room. We don't often have to book a hotel when in London as we normally stay with family but I would really look forward to staying here again at some point in the future.

Reviewed June 17, 2010

Stayed for one night for a business meeting. Very nice room with excellent shower and very comfortable bed. The staff at check in were very polite and friendly and this was carried through by the staff throughout the hotel, especially in the bar and restaurant. Could not recommend the food high enough in the restaurant. Had a superb meal which would have been worthy of a Michellin star restaurant. Would be nice to come back for a leisure break with my wife at some time.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 25, 2010

I had the opportunity to stay at the Royal Chace hotel last week (www.royal-chace.com) and was very impressed. This is my second time to the hotel, and it is obvious the ownership is spending money to improve the place.

My room was spotlessly clean, very large, and had contemporary furnishings. The bathroom was nice and bright, with plenty of space for my 'stuff.'

Dinner in the restaurant was amazing, with attentive service throughout. The selection at breakfast rivals many branded 5-star hotels, and our lunch was great. I was attending a small conference during the day - the meeting room we used was in great condition and the service throughout the day was unobtrusive.

The staff and management are truly guest-focused, and you can tell that each employee has been well-trained and has great pride in their work.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
RoyalChaceHotel, Manager response, on behalf of management at Royal Chace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2010

Good morning,

Thank you so much for a wonderful review. We take great pride in our business and the service we provide, and we are so pleased you have observed our dedication to improving our Hotel in order to please our customers to the highest level.

Your comments have been circulated to the team and we are all very proud!

Please let us know if you are staying with us again, we would very much look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
West Lodge Park Hotel
#4 of 5 in Enfield
Travelodge London Whetstone
Travelodge London Whetstone
#516 of 1,081 in London

Been to Royal Chace Hotel? Share your experiences!