“Wedding 8th March”
Review of Royal Chace Hotel

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Enfield
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My sister had her wedding and reception at this hotel, I must say I was so pleased with the staff. I was wedding co-ordinator so worked closely with the reception and catering staff. I can honestly say they went above and beyond to cater for us. I cannot remember all the names but I would love to thank Joshua a trainee receptionist for his kindness and help he showed me and my team he was hands on. A big thank you to the manager on the day cannot remember his name think it was Carlos not sure for taking the load off me the whole staff on the day was really lovely. I would definetly recommend this hotel for a wedding and to stay the rooms are clean and the breakfast is good too. Thanks to Sue for all her patience with me calling her many times you all are a good bunch of people.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
GeoffBreese, Managing Director at Royal Chace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

I was glad to read you enjoyed your sisters wedding Revception held at the Royal Chace Hotel and have passed on your thanks to Josh,Carlo and Sue for there contrubution in making the Wedding such a sucess.

Thank you once again for taking the time to review the Royal Chace Hotel.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We were at the Royal Chace Hotel for a celebration 90th birthday lunch. The ninety year old and her guests had a wonderful time not only due to the excellent food but the entire team of staff who looked after everyone. It was a most memorable time and the high standards of the Royal Chace were well and truly met. A fitting time for the much admired lady who was ninety.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review the Royal Chace Hotel on Tripadviser following your attendance at the 90th Birthday party earlier this month.

I have passed on your kind comments to the departments responsible for looking after this event.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I had to write a review for this hotel as our experience of the food was simply awful. My mum in- law and twin sister held a celebratory sit down dinner for the family of 60 to attend last night (Friday 15th March). To start we met in a small ante room/bar which was fine however i could clearly see that the prawn starter that we were going to eat later was laid out in a room next door to the bar obviously for the ease of the serving staff. My question is how can you keep seafood chilled in a heated room ? On to the main course. The main was stuffed lamb with a fondant potato and courgette, carrot and a single piece of cauliflower. The lamb was over cooked and some found it nigh on impossible to cut into the meat the rest was perfectly acceptable. Now to the disastrous dessert of a chocolate mousse in a pastry case with cream and strawberries. I myself was not served a desert for some unknown reason, being a strapping man with a sweet tooth i was getting rather twitchy watching others tuck in to what looked like a tasty dish. however as soon as my table started to eat the dessert the negative comments started. One of our table the mousse was frozen and i was told by the maître de that it was freshly made at 3.00pm that day, really. The pastry base tasted of the following: a burnt frying pan, plastic or paint were the general comments made by the majority of guests. Not one person on our table had more than a couple of mouthfuls before pushing the dish aside, very very disappointing indeed. Two of our party got their food after the rest of the table we had finished theirs and even then they were 10mins apart from each other. On the whole it was great to spend time with the family but the edge was certainly knocked off the evening by the erratic service and poor quality of the food.

5  Thank richardleigh

Good morning

I was obviously dissapointed to read your review as we have 40 years experiance delivering food and beverage to a whole host of Events,Weddings and Dinner and Dances and I feel it is one of the things we do best.

All cold starters are brought to the anti room on jack stacks directly from the fridges where they are finaly dressed before being strved onto the tables, the time scale is minimal.

With regard to the Lamb I understand we were asked for the Lamb to be cooked medium/well and we complied with that and as it was well rested prior to being carved so I am suprised you felt it was tough.

We did receive mixed feedback regarding the dessert and I have been in contact with our suplier and the organiser regarding this matter.

Royal Chace Hotel

I have been in contact with the organisers of this event

We do use

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Driving down from Suffolk for a Sunday lunchtime birhday party in the Enfield area we booked to stay overnight at The Royal Chace to make the most of the party. We received a friendly welcome from all the very efficient staff from Reception onwards. Our room was comfortably well equipped and serviced. After the party we spent a pleasantly relaxed evening in the hotel's bar/lounge and had an extremely tasty and well presented snack meal. This is a fine hotel with a wide variety of facilities in beautiful grounds with great views and we'd love to return and spend more time there our stay having set us up for a comfortable drive home.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
GeoffBreese, Managing Director at Royal Chace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear Peter

Thank you for taking the time to review the Royal Chace Hotel on Tripadviser.

We review all Guest feedback on a weekly basis and it is nice for me to pass on your kind comments as It makes the team see all the hard work is worth it.

Thank you once again.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

We have just attended another great event in The Queens suite at this hotel. It is always a well organised and enjoyable evening. The staff are freindly and helpful and the food was good quality and well presented. Our room was spacious and clean with everything that we required in it. There was plenty of choice at breakfast and again the food was of good quality. We use this hotel every year for this event and have never been disappointed. Thank you to all the staff and I'm sure we will see you again next year.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review the Royal Chace Hotel on Tripadviser.

I have passed on your kind comments to those trusted to ensure your event in the Queens Suite was a sucess and look forward to welcoming you back next year.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I have just stayed at the hotel for about a week & found it particularly pleasant -- I think this primarily comes down to the energy & enthusiasm of the people who work here. The team has been very welcoming & friendly - from reservations, to the front office to the team at the restaurant & bar. And housekeeping has been consistently well-run in the several occasions I have visited.

The service comes across as very natural, good humoured & unscripted - I think deserves recognition as it's ultimately what differentiates one hotel from another & would convince customers to return. Overall, a charming hotel offering great value & a very friendly team.

Keep it up!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Fiona C
RoyalChaceHotel, Managing Director at Royal Chace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Good morning Fiona,

I appreciate you taking the time to review the Royal Chace Hotel on Tripadviser following your recent stay with us.

I have passed on your kind comments to the team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We recently held a large corporate awards dinner at the hotel in the Queens suite for over 240 guest. Everything ran like a dream and the help from all the staff was exemplary from the start of the planning process to the end of the evening.
Thanks goes to Toni, Carlo and Andy especially but everyone did the hotel proud. We look forward to our next event soon!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
RoyalChaceHotel, Managing Director at Royal Chace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Good morning

Thank you for taking the time to review the Royal Chace Hotel following your function held in the Queens suite a few Fridays ago.

The room certainly looked splendid and it was pleasing to read that the evening was a sucess.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post a review.

Royal Chace Hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Enfield
West Lodge Park Hotel
5 mi away
Cheshunt Marriott Hotel
Cheshunt Marriott Hotel
#1 of 1 in Broxbourne

Been to Royal Chace Hotel? Share your experiences!