“Lovely breakfast”

Old Shutter Cafe & Bistro
Ranked #31 of 207 Restaurants in Enfield
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went here for the first time on a Saturday morning for breakfast. Had the full English which was amazing. Then also had tea & cake which was also lovely. Got very busy too, so obviously very popular & will defo be going again soon.
Staff friendly & very efficient.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (40)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I was extremely disheartened when this cafe refused my my Guide Dog in training, and would not allow us in for a coffee.

I showed my Guide Dogs for the Blind volunteer ID badge but they still refused to let us in as 'Dogs aren't allowed', despite me explaining she is not a pet, she's a working dog (and was wearing her blue Guide Dogs jacket).

This is the first place i have ever been refused entry with a Guide Dog. It was extremely disheartening, and this policy should be reviewed. How else can blind people live a normal life if they are refused entry into public spaces. Im outraged.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed November 18, 2019

I usually go once a weekend when I can. The breakfast from Turkish, to Veggie to Traditional is always so tasty & the added bonus of being able to get a fresh orange juice (when the machine works) is great also

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed October 22, 2019 via mobile

Came in here on a whim after it popping up on Trip Advisor. WOW!! Amazing service, amazing food. Loved it

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed October 17, 2019

I have dined in the old shutter a fair bit since it’s opened, it’s a secret gem, the deco is amazing and the food is always amazing too!
Such a variety on the menu!

Date of visit: September 2019