“Great place for the whole family”

Aldenham Country Park
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Elstree
Fremantle, Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great place for the whole family”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Walked around the lake with family looking for geocaches on the way. Walked around the farm and paid for my daughter to groom a pony which she absolutely loved. The staff were brilliant with her and obviously really care about their animals. Paid and booked a time slot at the entrance
No entry fee for farm only 3 pound for car parking which I think is great value for all there is to see.

Great play ground equipment and Whinnie the pooh woods which we didn't have time to see. You could spend a whole day here.

Just before we left we got a home made soup at the cafe which was absolutely delicious and cheap.
Went to a car boot sale here in the morning too the day before which is how we found it!
Definitely recommend for a day out with the family. Have a look online first as there are different activities on at different times.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank ngorman

Potters Bar, United Kingdom
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Great simple family fun”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I lived in Borehamwood when I was a child and have spent many happy Sunday afternoons at Aldenham Country Park with my family. I've taken my own family there so my daughters have the same happy memories. Great play areas, farm, Winnie the Pooh Trail, not to mention the Lake for walking around and picnics. There are Watersports, but that's not my thing so cant comment. Great relaxing day, worth a visit. I believe there's a cafe now too! Parking fee.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Wilb2012
Borehamwood, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Splendid”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This country park is splendid for the whole family and particularly great for the younger kids who can experience all the animals in the farm then feed the ducks, have a picnic and then take a walk following Winnie The Pooh in his 100 acre wood.

My son and I cycle there from Borehamwood but there is parking for cars but the last time I paid it wasn't cheap (£5 if I remember) and I needed exact change so beware.

My only observation is that it really needs a proper cafe but they might have built one over winter and I haven't been there yet this year.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Miles T
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“We love this park”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Lovely park especially for children. We have a disabled child and go partocularly for the "KIds" special playground (you have to regsiter and book for this, look on "Kids" Charity page), but the rest of the park, lake, farm etc are lovely as well!

Visited March 2013
3 Thank nikkidt
Hertfordshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Just add sunshine”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Recently changed management I think - Will be interesting to watch over the coming months to see what changes they make.

I love that midweek daytimes this place is pretty empty with plenty of parking. (Parking costs £3.50 on exit, so take some change with you.)

Perfect for toddlers as you can make the visit as long or short as they can handle.

The walk around the lake is buggy friendly. I think you'll end up carrying them if you make them walk, as although an easy, flat walk, its a bit long for little legs.
Plenty to look at if you go around the lake; Birds, animals, plants and on the other side boats.

The "100 Aker Wood" trail is great if you've been reading the books with your child, as it brings them to life. There's even a little bridge to play 'Pooh sticks' on. (Once again, if you have a buggy, there's another way around.) Field very muddy at this time of year so wear wellies.

Looking forward to the summer as this is the perfect place for a picnic.

Farm entry is £3.00 and includes a bag of food, although there are a large number of animals you can't feed. Staff have no interest in engaging with visitors at all, which is a shame. Animals here are: Rabbits, guinea pigs, chickens, goats, ducks, cows, turkeys, pigs.

Added pictures.