“IF YOU HAVE BEEN DISAPPOINTED WITH OTHER CHEF AND BREWERS, GIVE THIS ONE A TRY”

Battle Axes Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 12 Restaurants in Elstree
Cuisines: Bar, European, British, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Met up with a friend last night at The Battle Axes pub in Elstree, Hertfordshire - I just had to write a review. The difference between this and other Chef and Brewer restaurants was seriously amazing. Friendly, helpful, unobtrusive waitress, good food well presented at an honest price. What more could you ask?

• Visited October 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Overall Experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Hi - Last Saturday evening (12th October) myself and seven family members enjoyed a great meal in the Battle Axes Restaurant, Elstree. We were celebrating an 18th and 53rd Birthday. The staff were tremendous and so very welcoming and made it a very enjoyable evening. We found the menu very varied and different which made a nice change. The age range of the family differed but everyone found something to their taste. In fact, no food was left on any of the plates for either of the three courses. So thank you once again to the staff for their nice friendly attitudes. Val Burden.

PS Incidentally the restaurant was decorated extremely well for the coming of Halloween.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Valerie B
aylesbury
“THE BEST CHEF AND BREWER WE HAVE BEEN TOO!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

We have been to many Chef and Brewers over the years and all have been run by inexperienced managers obviously because they work for less wages,this one is very different,the manager is on the ball,the service was great,the food was well cooked just wish Chef and Brewer was the way it used to be years ago.This one is way better than the other ones and well worth a visit!

• Visited September 2013
Borehamwood, United Kingdom
“An update on a previous visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Folks, the last time I visited this establishment I was left disappointed and frankly disturbed.

NOT SO NOW though..............what an incredible improvement.

The service was great, the attention to detail fantastic and the food was brilliant. I decided to eat from the special board and wow was it special. Cooked to my exact requirements.

I could go on and on but I shall not because simply put, there is nothing to add to what was a splendid experience.

WELL DONE. It was so good we went again and it was still brilliant.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Miles T
Radlett, United Kingdom
“Not so good this visit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

We went for a meal with my son last night as we have always had good food & service so seemed an obvious place to go.
The place was fairly quiet, although we did book a table for 7pm just in case it was busy. We were seated and we ordered our drinks, We then placed our order, I as usual having the sirloin steak as it is one of my favourite meals there, oh how I wish I had opted for something else. The first bit I cut off was a big lump of fat :-( then about 4 other mouthfuls had gristle in it, not nice at all. This was the worst one I had ever had and it has put me off ordering steak from here again.
My partner & son seemed to enjoy their meals but it ruined mine for me.
When the waitress came to clear the table I had to tell her it was the worst steak I had ever had there and she seemed shocked I had complained. Fair enough she offered a free dessert, but as I told her I was not happy and she said do you want the cost taken off for the steak then. I said yes please. This was the last we saw of her, we said we did not want puddings so would be obvious we would be needing the bill next. In the end we went up to the bar so we could pay and she had removed the cost of my dinner as she had said she would.
It takes a lot for me to complain about a meal so I know it was not good. In fact I can't remember the last time I had to complain like this. Also this is the first time we have never left a tip for the waitress.
Would we go back - yes we would but I would not order the sirloin steak.

• Visited August 2013