On the Plus side:
The hotel is fairly new, and has a good sized free car parking area.
The food in the restaurant "The Verve" is excellent, we couldn't fault the dinner or the breakfast and the staff are very attentive.
The in-room television is very good with a fair selection of channels.
On the Minus side:
Our room was extremely dark, we couldn't see clearly in our wardrobe owing to lack of any lighting in the area.
Two of the bedside lights were not working - investigation revealed they had no bulbs fitted.
Two requests were made at reception for bulbs to be fitted, they assured us they would be fitted but in the two days of our stay they weren't fitted. So even darker!
We had the impression that the desk staff were obliging and curteous but did not follow through with their promises, they were very busy and appeared to be 'fire fighting'.
The one remaining bedside lamp had a fluorescent bulb fitted but this would not work properly with the light dimmer switch - the lamp flickered constantly. (like a disco)
The in-room wardrobe is tiny, with limited drawer space.
The restaurant lighting is very low (staff told us management want to set the mood) it was too dark to the point that we and others couldn't read the menu. Either increase the lighting level and/or reprint the menus in a legible text colour e.g. black on white background.
Toiletries - had to use our own shower and bath gel as the small quantity supplied was used-up the first day and no replacements were supplied.
Shower - due to the overhead shower head, it wasn't possible to shower without getting your hair wet. A shower cap should be provided.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel London Watford is located just off Junction 5 of the M1, 1 mile from Elstree and Borehamwood Train Station and just 30 minutes from Central London. It is ideal for quick access to the M1, M25, A1 and Watford Junction Train Station. Nearby attractions include Wembley Stadium, Harry Potter Theme Park and Legoland. Village Hotel London Watford has 120 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, Hair Salon, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, 25 metre Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free parking and free wi-fi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Village Hotel London Watford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village London Hotel Elstree
- Village Hotel London Watford Elstree, United Kingdom