I had a night stop at The Village and upgraded to a top-deck room which I think was a good idea as it was extremely quiet, had lovely cotton sheets and a very comfortable bed. We had dinner with some business colleagues and my steak was cooked perfectly to order (rare), with excellent al dente vegetables. The house wine was good value at £15 (I think?) and good quality, served suitably cooled. The waiter had been unusually well-trained and knew precisely how to serve wine - well done.
We used the pool and gym and had a great chat with some locals in the extensive whirlpool - they were clearly intelligent and big earners. It is very pleasant when leisure club members don't treat paying hotel guests as second class citizens - on both occasions we used the spa facilities,, everyone was polite, chatty and helpful - the exit from the changing room was not exactly obvious but someone pointed it out to me. The pool is warm clean and a good size (25M?).
Breakfast was fine but not brilliant (7 out of 10) although the chef cooked me some lovely fresh poached eggs to perfection. Probably one of the best features are the excellent reception staff. It is one of the easiest check-ins and check-outs ever, and my bill was lower than expected, which was a pleasant surprise. The car park is huge but very busy - we felt lucky to find one of the few spare slots. But that might have been due to the fact that there was a function on that evening. I would go back and the location is very handy for the M1, M25, and A1, and I did not detect any noise from the motorway which is not exactly on your doorstep as implied by another reviewer. In this area The Village represent good value for a 4-star hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel London Watford is located just off Junction 5 of the M1, 1 mile from Elstree and Borehamwood Train Station and just 30 minutes from Central London. It is ideal for quick access to the M1, M25, A1 and Watford Junction Train Station. Nearby attractions include Wembley Stadium, Harry Potter Theme Park and Legoland. Village Hotel London Watford has 120 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, Hair Salon, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, 25 metre Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free parking and free wi-fi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Village Hotel London Watford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village London Hotel Elstree
- Village Hotel London Watford Elstree, United Kingdom