We stayed at the hotel on a Sunday night and took advantage of a special offer which 'included' a three course meal and a room on the 'upper deck'.
Given the price this was an excellent stay and the hotel is very clean and comfortable. We made use of the spa and pool which were also very clean. Lovely large swimming pool and gym but my partner did cut her foot on some broken tiles in the female changing area.
This is quite a posh hotel and I think more suited to adults as opposed to being a great place to take families and children, although there were families there who seemed to be having a good time.
The only disappointment was the evening meal which was supposedly three courses in with the special offer. I did expect some restrictions obviously but we were restricted to just £14.95 each. One would struggle to get three courses in for that much and would have to involve the cheapest item for each course. When the wine we were drinking was £7.50 per glass it didn't go very far.
To be fair though the waitress that took care of us was very pleasant and extremely knowledgable about the menu. The choice is good and there are an Italian or the pub on site to choose from to eat. The food was very nice. We did retire to the bar afterwards but I didn't find it particularly homely or felt like staying there.
The room was excellent if ever so slightly small. Sky TV and good shower, well appointed and very clean. A very comfortable bed and a great nights sleep.
Not a great location if you are not driving and wanting to get into London though, £10 taxi to Edgware tube and £5 train fair adds up.
Over all excellent value and a top class hotel with helpful and friendly staff and nice room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Hotel London Watford is located just off Junction 5 of the M1, 1 mile from Elstree and Borehamwood Train Station and just 30 minutes from Central London. It is ideal for quick access to the M1, M25, A1 and Watford Junction Train Station. Nearby attractions include Wembley Stadium, Harry Potter Theme Park and Legoland. Village Hotel London Watford has 120 bright and modern bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, Hair Salon, state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, 25 metre Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free parking and free wi-fi throughout the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Village Hotel London Watford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village London Hotel Elstree
- Village Hotel London Watford Elstree, United Kingdom