Tripadvisor

The Apple Cart Beefeater
Ranked #10 of 75 Restaurants in Didcot
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: THe AppleCart is just under going a fantastic extension & refurbishment. We are close between 18th-25th of March.. Please come & visit us as a new business..The AppleCart is a central location just outside of Didcot with direct access to the A34. We are joined to the Oxford South Premier Inn.We have a fantastic menu that caters for everyone including children. Please call to make a reservation or book for a special occasion.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Good Service with always hot meals generally served on warm to hot plates. Some meals seem a little overpriced for what you receive, but add that extra portion or two of 'free' chips and the price reflects down.

Date of visit: December 2019
Write a reviewReviews (621)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Called in here at the last minute after a terrible experience elsewhere - Laura squeezed us in (table for 6) and went above and beyond to make the evening enjoyable. She was friendly and efficient absolutely nothing was too much trouble. The food tasted fresh and hot and was served with a smile, always checking we had what we needed and that everyone was ok, making sure to include my father who has terrible hearing!!! Excellent value for money and service that has unfortunately become a rarity in this country nowadays. Thanks again Laura!

Reviewed January 19, 2020

I went here with my family and we all had an amazing experience, not only were the staff friendly the food was also excellent. The service was fab from start to finish and our meal was a complete success. I would 100% recommended this place for family’s.

Reviewed January 16, 2020

An anticipated rare steak with frites and peppercorn sauce as a birthday treat was not forthcoming. A few visits here before have always been good but the steak was so full on sinue that much of it could not be eaten. It would have been less annoyng but when I politely complained that I had left virtually the whole steak as I could not cut it, a "happy birthday" was said and that was that. Maybe I shoud have complained earlier, but I was hoping to find a piece that I could enjoy and not offend my guest. My guest had a curry and said it was very good, An apology would have been fine but it just left a sour note and and a lunch to forget which I clearly haven't!

Reviewed January 14, 2020

Business trip seem a good idea to eat here due to the fact I was in the premier Inn. Absolute disgrace, waited 15mins to be seated due to staff, then waited over a hour for my order. Not once did someone offer more drinks or explain why the food was taking so long.

NEVER AGAIN