“Modern, Very claen, Brilliant location, Fantastic value”
Review of Southern Wood B&B

Southern Wood B&B
Southern Wood B&B
Ranked #9 of 14 Didcot B&B and Inns
Carshalton, United Kingdom
“Modern, Very claen, Brilliant location, Fantastic value”
Reviewed October 24, 2010

We were going to a private party and booked an en suite double room at Southern Wood as it was walking distance from the function. On arrival we were met, shown to our room and given the key. We had a choice of cereal or toast for breakfast. The manager (very pleasant man) offered us a full English cooked breakfast for an extra cost. Must say we couldn't refuse, it was well worth the extra money, it was delicious! The room was very modern and clean. I would definately book again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Surreyfan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 18, 2010

Stayed on a saturday night with my husband and adult daughter. The website looked very polished and accomodation newly built but quite misleading in what it did not say. We booked a twin room and a single room with kichenette. On arrival the owner was not very clear about the individual "units".......ie a front door with access to a double bedroom, a twin bedroom and a single bedroom. We occupied the twin and single and went out for the afternoon and when we returned the double room had a couple in it which the owner had not told us about......also sharing the kitchenette and same front door....and we had not locked our bedrooms because we did not know the double was also let. The worst aspect was that we all had to share one bathroom ie 5 people !! The breakfast was diy consisting of a loaf of white bread and individual childrens type ccereal selection cartons with milk provided......quite mediocre really.

• Stayed July 2010
2 Thank danusia49

Travelers are raving about these Didcot hotels

south wales uk
Reviewed August 10, 2010

I booked a single ensuite room with this B & B approximately 6 weeks ago prior to staying there on the 11th & 12th August whilst visiting relatives in the area and had everything confirmed by email. Five days before my intended stay at Southern Wood I had a phone call from the proprietor informing me that his partner had made a mistake and the room they had allocated to me was double booked. They had, apparently allocated a twin room to me and this would not be available for the second night of my stay. I was offered a standard single room for the second night - at the same rate I had been quoted in my initial enquiry for ensuite accommodation. The proprietor offered no apology and told me that he couldn't vary the rate as I was already getting the twin room for a lower rate than they could get for a double occupancy. I got the impression that ther was no double booking - it seemed to be more a case of them being able to let the room to a couple and therefore get more revenue. The proprietor's attitude was abysmal, he didn't seem to care that my booking was confirmed and that he was giving such short notice for me to find alternatice accommodation. I would certainly not recommend this B & B to anyone - purely on the total lack of concern and non-existent level of customer service.

Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank scotlandfan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Didcot
Milton Hill, Abingdon
The Red Lion Pub & Kitchen
The House on the Corner
The House on the Corner
#4 of 14 in Didcot

Been to Southern Wood B&B? Share your experiences!