“Sweet cafe”

Cuisines: American
us
“Sweet cafe”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

This tiny, sweetly decorated cafe has excellent sandwiches, soups and a wonderful raspberry vinagrette coleslaw. You will not find your ordinary turkey sandwich here but rather, delicious surprises thought up by the chef. The staff are dedicated and do a good job. Very clean and neat - don't miss this when you are in Occoquan!

Visited October 2013

Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Not to be missed...”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

This is an adorable Cafe tucked away between buildings in the charming waterfront town of Occoquan. Selected as a midway meeting place between VA and MD based on the posted reviews - we were not disappointed. Courtyard seating with colorful umbrellas available but we elected to eat inside (due to heat index). The restaurant itself is small and simple, but is exactly what it is represented to be - a quaint luncheon eatery. The service was excellent, prompt and friendly and the food was wonderful. It was so hard to choose from their sandwich menu - everything was soooo appealing. I eventually settled on the French Orchard sandwich (Ham, Brie and sliced Apple) and it was quite possibly the best sandwich I have ever had. My companions each opted for different sandwiches - served as a salad (a menu option) and raved about their meals. We finished our meal with the bread pudding with a mouth watering sauce and coffee while throwing trivial pursuit questions at each other. (Our table had a box of game questions on the table - which we loved - finding it unique and innovative) Diners will never have to worry about lagging conversation, as even if you would not want to test trivia knowledge - it could certainly suggest a topic for discussion. We loved it and are already planning a trip back to Occoquan - even battling I95 traffic from either direction for the pleasure of visiting this Cafe again.

• Visited July 2014
Woodbridge, Virginia, USA
“Fabulous sandwiches”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

If you want something difference for a light lunch try the Blue Arbor. They have the most unique and delicious sandwiches. Everyday they have a special feature including a tasty soup. Their lobster bisque is to die for. I have had lobster bisque at many upscale restaurants but this is definitely the best! They have indoor and outdoor seating and it is located off the street so it is quiet.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank MBM910
Centreville
“Yummy sandwiches”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband and I took our mother's to Blue Arbor on Mother's Day weekend. We all ordered something different. The special was French Dip and it was delicious and moist. I ordered the Not a Reuben. There was coleslaw instead of kraut, but it was still great. The club and BLT were also hits. There was no wait and our server was really attentive. We look forward to visiting again.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Beth H
Springfield, Virginia
“Quaint little Cafe in a cute village”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

This morning my friend was stopping by on her way through the area and we planned to take her for breakfast in Occoquan. Not many places in town serve breakfast during the week. This was a wonderful find. Great food and menu, tucked away along a brick footpath off Union. We decided to dine outside since it was one of the few warm dry days we've had in months. I highly recommend their breakfast and look forward to returning to try their lunches and dinner offerings.
I had the apple carmel crapes which were nice, my husband had the Not a Reuben and my friend had the Rocky Top Toast. We all really enjoyed our meals.
This is a nice place to stop for a bite while enjoying the river town of Occoquan.

• Visited May 2014