“Great way to take a break from shopping”
Review of Blue Arbor Cafe - CLOSED

Blue Arbor Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 5, 2014

If you are interested in great soups (all homemade of course) and interesting sandwiches you have to try the Blue Arbor. I have tried almost all of the sandwiches since they are different from what I would make at home. While I love the sandwiches my favorites are the lobster bisque and crème brule cheesecake. When I had the bisque I almost licked the bowl it was soooo good.
The service is very good - great group of young folks working there.

1  Thank MBM910

Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

My family and I stopped here for lunch while we were visiting the shops in the area. I saw good reviews for this place and it was a beautiful sunny day outside so we went for it. The food was good and homemade, and there was a musician playing in the patio seating area. The service was excellent! Very polite servers working here. I would recommend this spot for lunch to anyone checking out this area.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Home made sandwiches and soups for decent prices. Great choice menu and its seems to change sometimes which is nice. The chicken tarragon isd a staple on the menu and what I recommend as a go to sandwich if you are not feeling adventurous. Cute and quaint place with friendly staff. They have outdoor seating to which live bands/music are provided on the weekends.

1  Thank MICHAEL E
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for a coffee to go. Owner made us a fresh pot and we had a great visit with him while it was brewing. Very friendly! Stop in while you are shopping in historic Occoquan! We will definitely be back.

1  Thank FltEngCPO
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stopped here for lunch on our first visit to Occoquan. The young woman at the travel center recommended the place, and she did not steer us wrong!

We ate outside, which was quite pleasant (although a few pesky flies). There were musicians playing Appalachian/jigs in the gazebo, which was a nice surprise if a little loud.

We all had the take-two platter, which allowed you to pick half a sandwich and a cup of soup. This was great -- I had the cream of asparagus soup and a BLT with avocado. There were three soup selections and about a dozen sandwich choices, all of which looked great. I asked for the BLT on a different type of bread than listed on the menu, and this was no problem. The server was nice, if slightly ditzy but that was really not a problem at all.

My only complaint was that we ate out of paper cups for the soup and had plastic utensils. I like real plates and utensils at a sit-down restaurant. Also, my daughter asked if she could get two half sandwiches rather than 1 half sandwich and a cup of soup, and the waitress was shocked at the idea and at first could not figure out what she was asking. In the end she said that was not possible (we were willing to pay an extra charge for the privilege and obviously they do make half sandwiches!)

I would recommend this restaurant. The food was good, the atmosphere was very pleasant, and the prices were quite reasonable.