I have just enjoyed a one night stay at the Holiday Inn with my partner and 10 year old daughter. After a disapointing visit last time we were wary, however they have definitely upped their game. The room was ready, which was a relief as the M25 journey was much longer than expected. We didn't opt for the Wayama view and got the view of the car park but it was very quiet even with the window open all night.The pillows are a bit hard but other than that all was Ok. The breakfast was fine and the view of galloping Giraffes was wonderful at 8 in the morning. I would recomend an early breakfast as the restaurant was crowded with a long queue by the time we had finished. After a disappointing evening meal last visit we opted for a walk to the local Beefeater, which was about 15mins walk from the resort next to the Premier Inn. Good value. The pool at the hotel was pleasant and I could have spent all day in the jacuzzi which was like a hot bath! The early rider system works well but be ready by 9.10 to be walked over. The bar food is very good value and after a long day in the theme park we made our way back for a light bite and a final sit on the veranda to watch the animals, before another longer than expected journey home. Would definitely visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wake up to an African inspired reserve with zebras, antelopes, ostriches and the very rare Scimitar Horned Oryx roaming freely before your very eyes - it's the ultimate room with a Zoo! The hotel is perfect for family breaks with safari theming, African Adventure rooms, Penguins of Madagascar themed rooms, an indoor swimming pool, the family friendly Savannah Splash, gym & spa and the fantastic Zafari Bar & Grill. The hotel is part of the Chessington World of Adventures Resort and is just a few strides away from the Park. On weekends and during school holidays there are also animal meet and greets and character breakfasts. The hotel also has state of the art corporate facilities with 6 meeting rooms all with natural daylight, air conditioning and high speed internet access. At the theme park take on the KOBRA, our exciting spinning disc ride in Wild Asia, soar on the Vampire roller coaster through the depths of Transylvania or take a fiery spin round Dragon's Fury. Take a walk on the wild side with tigers, lions and gorillas in the Trail of the Kings, go underwater with sharks and stingrays in the SEA LIFE centre or journey to our new Wanyama Village & Reserve where the zebras and antelopes roam. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chessington Safari Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London - Chessington Hotel Chessington
- Holiday Inn Chessington
- Chessington Holiday Inn
- Chessington Safari Hotel Surrey