We stayed here in May 2012. The hotel looks very impressive and the rooms over looking the animal reserve are a great feature. However......
We booked this hotel even though it was costing over £100 more than where we would normally stay, we thought it would make a great treat. We booked the room over the phone as we have a merlin annual pass and had seen an advert on the merlin website that we could get a discount if we mentioned our membership when booking. We booked a room over looking the animal reserve with breakfast inc for us and our 7 year old. We received an email to confirm our booking which stated the price etc. We noticed on the email that we had been given the staff discount and we had to show proof of employment when we arrived. We called them back and were told that the person who booked it had got it totally wrong and also had quoted us the wrong price it should of been £100 more!!! We were very angry and after a very lengthy argument involving a manager we negotiated the price down to just £40 more than was agreed. The next email we received had the new revised and agreed amount but stated room only no breakfast. so we made yet another phone call back and after another argument and another costly discussion calling an 084 number from a mobile we were assured that they had made a note on the booking that we should get breakfast. we arrived early in the morning and we went straight to the park. when we finished around 5pm we were so excited to see the room over looking the animal park. however we didn't have this room when we got there. We went down to reception who informed us that every room in the hotel was booked out as it was the bankl holiday wknd and the busiest time so they could not move us to what was promised. We decided to speak to the manager in the morning and to just settle in for the night as at this point we were exhausted. We decided to try the restaurant and to chill out. We called down to book a table for tea and were told they were totally booked until 9pm! Our daughter definately couldn't wait that long and so we went out in search of a restaurant instead. By the time we arrived back it was 10pm and we went straight to bed. It was over 30 degrees that wknd and the air con in the room stopped working. We again went to reception who borrowed us the worst most ineffective fan i have ever seen. It was basically a small square that blew[ish] out air. In the morning we woke up early so we could have breakfast before we could complain about everything that went wrong. Of course no one knew about a note saying we had breakfast included and again had another argument to explain that the last person we spoke to while booking had promised it would be included, all in all we spent over £150 more to stay in a hotel that we couldn't eat in, was boiling hot and we spent more time at the reception complaining than in the room [ that didn't even look over the animal reserve] We had a very tired and upset little girl who wanted to know why she couldn't see the animals like we promised. A total nightmare and waste of our hard earned cash!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wake up to an African inspired reserve with zebras, antelopes, ostriches and the very rare Scimitar Horned Oryx roaming freely before your very eyes - it's the ultimate room with a Zoo! The hotel is perfect for family breaks with safari theming, African Adventure rooms, Penguins of Madagascar themed rooms, an indoor swimming pool, the family friendly Savannah Splash, gym & spa and the fantastic Zafari Bar & Grill. The hotel is part of the Chessington World of Adventures Resort and is just a few strides away from the Park. On weekends and during school holidays there are also animal meet and greets and character breakfasts. The hotel also has state of the art corporate facilities with 6 meeting rooms all with natural daylight, air conditioning and high speed internet access. At the theme park take on the KOBRA, our exciting spinning disc ride in Wild Asia, soar on the Vampire roller coaster through the depths of Transylvania or take a fiery spin round Dragon's Fury. Take a walk on the wild side with tigers, lions and gorillas in the Trail of the Kings, go underwater with sharks and stingrays in the SEA LIFE centre or journey to our new Wanyama Village & Reserve where the zebras and antelopes roam. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chessington Safari Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London - Chessington Hotel Chessington
- Holiday Inn Chessington
- Chessington Holiday Inn
- Chessington Safari Hotel Surrey