“Does the job”

Ranked #8 of 25 Restaurants in Chessington
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 10, 2013

As watering holes in Chessington go, this is the best. Some great local ales on tap as well as different beers and a nice friendly atmosphere most nights.

I would stay clear on a Saturday night when you have local young persons beering up before clubbing, but generally the atmosphere is welcoming.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

been here twice didnt want to return after first trip but as it was mothers day and my mums choice i had no choice lol what suprised me on both visits was how popular it is why?after an initial cock up with us having no table we booked in mid feb we were shown through to our table dont wear nice clothes bar area stinks of their fire, any way no choice of menu mothers day menu only my mum wanted thai green curry which shes had before there and says its great any way i opted for roast turkey when it eventually arrived i think id have been better off chewing my shoes it was dried out like old leather as if it had been standing all day a splash of gravy accompanied it in the end my teeth couldnt take it and i asked the very polite helpfull waitress to change the meat waited about 10 mins to recieve some frsh slices overall very bland and tasteless id much rather have eaten my mums dinner pudding was a joke apple and blackberry crumble completely free of any taste what so ever one of our part refused to eat beyond the first mouth full we complained the manager who semed a decent guy offered us a 50% discount still came to £140 for four glad we werent asked to pay £280 £140 was still over priced for a tasteless meal that quite frankly was rank needless to say i will never return there again...

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stopped in here for lunch with a friend,the girl behind the bar looked miserable.We ordered nachos to share and a packet of super cheap nachos with the smallest amount of cheese arrived with a small amount of sour cream,salsa and guacamole. Tasteless, i did ask the Manager for more cheese,he took the plate away and bought it back with a small handful of grated cheese thrown on top. We left and decided to eat somewhere else.

1  Thank sue w
Reviewed December 22, 2012

This is the pub I use when I take customers out to lunch. It use to be very good, with large portions at reasonable prices. I guess there has been a change in kitchen staff and management strategy.

The food is good, the prices up a little and smaller portions.

Went there recently or a team Christmas lunch. The service was slower than usual, but I guess a larger party and the special Christmas menu would have impacted this.

Overall, The North Star is not bad, and certainly better than the other local pubs.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

the North Star in Chessington is a pleasant and clean pub serving tasty food at passable and acceptable prices.The menu was a mixture of traditional pub meals and some more usual ones. The seating was comfortable and it had a nice laid back atmosphere. Not exceptional but very good and well worth a visit. A small car park at the side.

2  Thank Richard10