“Good budget accomodations”

Premier Inn Castleford (Xscape, M62 J32) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Castleford
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This Premier Inn is conveniently located for travellers on the M62 who need a place to stay for the night. Our room was sparse but comfortable, clean, and functional. Breakfast is a bit expensive, but there are cheaper alternatives like Subway at the Xscape within walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
yorkshirelass12, Manager at Premier Inn Castleford (Xscape, M62 J32) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your recent stay and I am glad you enjoyed it. We see the rooms as housing essentials for guests needs so I am disappointed to hear you found it sparce.
Hopefully we will be welcoming you back once again.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was amazed by the bright, clean feeling I had of this hotel when walking in, supported by the friendly staff on duty I decided to have a drink before going to my room, reasonable priced and, once again, happy, talkative, helpful staff. Walking into my room was great, it looked so spacious and clean, I then realised the sink was infact in the bedroom and the toilet/shower was cramed in the corner. After an evening out (3 pints and good food) I returned to be greated by misserable night staff, who couldnt care a stuff about service, so I decided not to stay in the public area at all, not really a problem but when I tried to get to sleep all I could hear was people shouting whilst smokinng outside the front of the hotel, I live beside a main road so I am used to noise but I was two floors up in this hotel and the noise was horrendous, whilst I appreciate this is not the hotels fault, if I could hear it then Im sure the night staff would have, maybe reminding people that other guests are sleeping would be a good idea.

All said though, I would return if ever needing accomadation in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments and I apologise if the night staff seemed unhelpful they are usually very upbeat. Unfortunately people that make noise around the entrance to the hotel when returning back is something we try hard to keep under control but as you can imagine there is always a first. Hopefully this small incident will not deter you from returning.
Warm Regards

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We like the reliability of Premier Inn and recently chose to stay here when we could not find a booking in York. The staff was very helpful, and remembered us the next day when we came back down. The breakfast was very good, although I think the chain charges too much for breakfast. I was disappointed that there were not baths as we had promised our children a bath that night. However, the showers are some of the most powerful ones I've used and made up for the lack of a bath. It was very hot on the night we stayed there, and the rooms did not have any air conditioning, but there was too much traffic noise to open the windows and sleep well, so our room was very warm with the entire family in the room.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am sorry to hear that your room was too warm but we do have air conditioning in the hotel and the information as how to operate is all in the essential information booklet on the desk. You should have phoned down to reception where one of the team would have been more than willing to assist. Hopefully we will be welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

This premier inn is in an excellent location. For me close to family with M62 access - loads of restaurants and facilities at xscape and shopping on hand. Kids were delighted. Bigger than average premier rooms with smaller than average bathrooms. I like especially as separate beds made up for kids - boy and girl don't like to share and I have to say making your bed up at travel lodge after a 4-5 hour journey really puts me off using them. Sink separate from bathroom and no bath, but good efficient capsule shower. Climate control. I am giving 5* for what it does best - clean reasonable reliable family accommodation, good night sleep in excellent location.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. Here at Castleford we pride ourselves on the product we offer to our guests and I am personally delighted that you rank us as five star !!!
Hopefully we will see you again soon.
Christine & the team.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

This premier inn is very close to lots of amenities which are located directly opposite hotel within the Escape complex including lots of branded restaurants and a cinema. The hotel is of a very good standard and has very friendly staff who are always on hand to help. The breakfast at this hotel is one of the best I have had in any premier inn, as previous reviews have stated he bathrooms are not the standard premier inn types as this was previous previously operated by a different hotel chain, where he sinks are located in the rooms and the toilet and shower are located separately, having said that the showers are very powerful and actually in my opinion far better than the standard premier inn showers. All in all a very pleasant hotel...can't wait for my next stay.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Demetrios C

Many thanks for all your positive comments regarding your recent stay here with us at Castleford. I will personally relay them all to the team.
Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I am a big fan of Premier Inns. They are clean and comfortable for a very good price. This one, however, was not as clean as it could be. There were stains in the bathroom that could have been removed. However, the staff were as helpful and welcoming as ever, even when we arrived after midnight. It was disappointing, but I've certainly been to many worse places.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
yorkshirelass12, Manager at Premier Inn Castleford (Xscape, M62 J32) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you for taking time to leave feedback about your recent stay. I am very disappointed to hear that the room wasn't up to standard and I will certainly be addressing this with the housekeeping team. Hopefully we will see you again in the near future.
King Regards

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed her a couple of nights ago. Brilliant place, xscape and shopping outlet village right opposite, plenty of eating places.

The room for a family of 4 was comfortable and clean, my only gripe is the bathroom which is tiny with a sliding door and a sink unit in the bedroom.

The ladies at reception were very friendly and gave excellent customer service. We ate breakfast in the bistro, where there kids eat free, and it was a lovely breakfast buffet with hot and cold food and unlimited costa coffee.

We will be back :)

1  Thank jayney13

Thank you for your most recent review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and were well looked after by the team. I hope the layout of the room doesn't put you off returning to us.
King Regards
Operations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Castleford
Travelodge Pontefract Ferrybridge A1/M62
Wentbridge House Hotel
#1 of 2 in Wentbridge
Best Western Plus Rogerthorpe Manor Hotel
Good Night Inns Darrington Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Castleford (Xscape, M62 J32) Hotel? Share your experiences!