“Terrible Instructor, far too many on the course.” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 20 things to do in Castleford
Halifax, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Terrible Instructor, far too many on the course.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Took a "Level 1" Ski Lesson. 12 people for 1.5 hour session is far too many. Most people were on a half-price offer, and the instructor "Mikey" constantly jibed us (and another couple of people) that we'd paid full price.

Instructor "Mikey" rarely watched what you were doing, offered little feedback and preferred to chat to his one or two "favourites," which given his comments about how "he gets the single girls" because "that's why he skis and speaks different languages," can easily be guessed who they were!!!

I have no other experience of this place, but if you go, try to go when there aren't 12 on the course, and ask not to get "Mikey" unless you fit his preferred client profile.

Visited January 2013
4 Thank OziB2
Snozone, Group Commercial Manager at Snozone, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Hello OziB2

I am so sorry to read your review on TripAdvisor following your recent lesson at Snozone. The behaviour of this particular staff member is incredibly disappointing and nowhere near the levels of customer service and values we expect our staff to uphold. Please accept our apologies and rest assured that your comments have been passed onto the General Manager who will investigate.

As a valued customer I hope you will accept our invitation to return to Snozone free of charge, with less people on the course, in order for us to ensure you have the experience you should have had initially, learn to enjoy wintersports and hopefully go on to become a seasoned skier! Please contact me directly at elena.kale@snozoneuk.com to arrange this.

In the meantime thank you for taking the time to post this review so we can take the appropriate action, and learn from our customers' views.

27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Kids sledging trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Saw half price offer so booked kids (6 and 2) and myself sledging. They had a great time, and was well worth it. Only downside was the youngest felt he'd be better off without gloves...:-/

Hello Scuttler01

I just wanted to respond to your recent review by way of thanking you for posting your kind comments. We appreciate the time it takes to do this and all feedback is critical so we can monitor our customers' opinions and continually improve our service.

I hope we will be welcoming you back to Snozone in the near future, however I would strongly recommend your youngest keeping his gloves on - little fingers need to keep warm and snug even when keeping active!

Thanks again

Leeds, United Kingdom
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

I took my daughter there for a snowboarding lesson this week. She has also been skiing there on many occaisions. The place is well organised and reasonably priced. Be warned that your £1 coin in the lockers will not be returned so make sure you don't need to go back into the locker as I did or it will cost £2.

Visited February 2013
Hi Linda H

Thank you very much for your very positive review following your daughter's snowboard lesson at Snozone. I hope she enjoyed it and wishes to progress through to main slope standard in both disciplines.

We are very grateful for all our customers' feedback so we can assess any areas for improvement, and take on board your point regarding the lockers. As a valued customer and to thank you for taking the time to post this review I would be happy to arrange for our General Manager to provide you with a number of free locker tokens for future use. Please contact me at elena.kale@snozoneuk.com to advise when you are next looking to visit us.

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Legends!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

I was bought snowboard lessons as a Christmas present, but with all the will in world, I wasn't great, so there were are number of things which made this possible...

1. The snowboard instructors are absolute legends. Patient, professiona andl just generally very cool. Thank you all (I had lessons with most of you!). Big shout out to Phil especially for putting up with me more than most had to!

2. Snozone staff: equally fantastic - fast booking, quick on the equipment front, always encouraging and pretty funny.

3. I managed to catch my edge and take a dodgy tumble. My bad totally, but they were so nice and straight there to help.

4. Half price lessons for January. Amazing. Please do this again! It meant I didn't have to worry about passing lessons to jump straight on the slope - I was quite happy to have another session where needed to give the confidence I needed.

All in all I've had a wicked time. Thank you so much and I'll be back up there ASAP - loved every minute!

If you go, you won't be disappointed (and I should also say that the instructors are REALLY good and everyone in my groups picked it up very quickly due to their excellent teaching skills - I'm just a little on the slower side to get my confidence :) )

As you can probably tell, can't recommend this place or these guys enough!

Hello Sunshinescruff

Thank you so much for your fantastic review following your visits to Snozone, I was delighted to read how you have progressed your snowboarding and feel more confident about utilising our main slope. It is also great to hear that you used our offers to really develop your skills and I truly hope you will continue to enjoy wintersports and its benefits including both social and fitness aspects. We do run offers from time to time which will be featured on our website and social media pages,

We are always so grateful to hear our customer opinions, and realise that people's time is limited so as a way to thank you for posting these amazing comments I would like to offer you a free main slope pass for you to use at your convenience. Please contact me at elena.kale@snozoneuk.com with your details so I can forward these onto the relevant personnel. I have also passed this review to the site General Manager for her to distribute to Phil and the other instructors.

Thank you once again.

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Excellent place to learn how to snowboard”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

I learnt how to snowboard here many years ago - and recently bought my wife lessons here. On both occasions I have been over the moon with the tuition. The instructors are excellent and make anyone feel at ease on the slopes. I would recommend snozone to anyone, beginner or advanced rider...

1 Thank Jwnr1
Hello Jwnr1

Following your positive review of your visit to Snozone, I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to add such kind comments onto TripAdvisor. We are so grateful for feedback and am delighted to read that both you and your wife learnt your snowboarding skills with us, and hope you continue to enjoy wintersports for many years and all the benefits this can bring.

Hopefully we can welcome you back in the near future perhaps to one of our sessions so you can learn different elements of the sport and progress your riding further. By way of a thank you however, I would be happy to offer you and your wife a complimentary main slope pass for you to both use when convenient. Please contact me directly to arrange this at elena.kale@snozoneuk.com