“Best Indian food in a long time!”
Review of Joy Bangla

Joy Bangla
Ranked #4 of 97 Restaurants in Castleford
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Tried here after knowing alot of friends and family had been and rated it highly. I'm not really a big Indian fan, but I like the odd korma.

So one weekend me and my Boyf went to pick a takeaway up from here, upon arrival the staff were friendly, welcoming, funny and helpful.

It was a Saturday night about 8pm when we went in and there was only two couples in. I wouldn't of liked to of eaten in here as I like a bit of atmosphere and the waiters not to be hanging around waiting for us to finish our food.

Upon arriving home we ate our food and my oh my!! I now love Indian! Everything as spot on! So yummy. I was gutted when I'd finished as it was so nice!

They've delivered to us before and seem to take longer than they say they will and the food seems colder than if you pick it up, so I would advise picking it up yourself.

Will be eating Indians more regular now :)

Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

We tried Joy B after the reviews on tripadvisor.
The food was really nice.
We had the bangla mix cocktail to share for our starter. The onion bhaji's were particularly nice.
I had the Mirpuri dish for my main. I will probably try something a bit spicer when I return.
My good lady had the Modumoti dish which is mild and she was impressed.
The staff were very friendly and offered complimentary drinks when the bill was settled.
CAUTION JOY BANGLA DON'T ACCEPT CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS.
We nearly had to do the dishes!

1  Thank kosres
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great staff fantastic food, title says it all... Used to think red chilli was best in castleford but not anymore

Drinks are a little expensive though

Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

We have been several times and love going back the service is spot on nothing to much trouble and the food amazing wed n Sunday are 5 course meal for 8.95 and a very high standard Wil keep going back

1  Thank mogoley
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We visit Joy Bangla often, it is a great restaurant that serves amazing food and the service is out of this world.

We often visit as part of a group and we have sampled most things on the menu everything is so fresh and tasty and it is nice to see dishes not on the "average" Indian menu. On a Wed and Sun they offer a 5 course banquet for £9.95 which is great value and a good way to round off the weekend!

What really sets this restaurant apart is the owner and his staff. They are so welcoming and it really is like dining with friends rather than being in a restaurant. Always a warm welcome, friendly chat and our glasses are never empty :-) they really do go out of their way to make sure everything is perfect.

I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough, don't be put off by the location, Give it a try.

2  Thank jtay83