“Dreadful everything.!!!”

The Winding Wheel
Ranked #66 of 96 Restaurants in Castleford
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: At The Winding Wheel Harvester in Castleford food is fresh, full of flavour and just how you like it. Choose your tasty grill, sauce and side at our restaurant and we'll get cooking - while you head off to the famous Harvester salad bar to grab as much crisp, freshly prepared tasty salad as you like.About our Harvester restaurantIf you're looking for a family friendly restaurant in Castleford, there's nowhere more popular than Harvester. Close to Glasshoughton, Ferry Fryston and Whitwood, our restaurant is a great choice for anyone who loves tasty grills, indulgent desserts and eating out in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Plus we've loads of choices for young guests.
“Dreadful everything.!!!”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Where do I start. Not asked what we want to drink when seated. Took ages for someone to take food order anyway. When food arrived (Supreme Fish and Chips × 2) they were raw. Sent back to be replaced by raw fish again.. the final Garlic Mushrooms on Chicken we chose instead were like eating rubber.. Waiters/Waitresses were rushing about like headless chickens. Shouting heard coming from kitchen. Manager told us not to pay for meals but had to pay for drinks (2 small smoothies)..
Will NOT be eating there again.. 0/10

Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at The Winding Wheel, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
We are sorry that had disappointing visit to our Harvester Restaurant and we do appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback.

Pontefract
“Food wa covered in salt and staff wa in friendly”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I arrived for the first time it was cold . We got seated the man that took our order forgot to ask us what side and sauce we wanted. When our meal arrived there was that much salt on everything myself and my husband left our meal. After speak to a lady staff member , the reply I got was it does state seasoning. To which I replied it does not state what the seasoning was as I would of said please don't salt all our meal.

• Visited October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your visit to The Winding Wheel. We have replied to you personally as it is our aim to give every customer the very best experience possible, and your feedback will help us achieve this.
Thurso, United Kingdom
“A Huge Let Down”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Went here as a special occasion with family that we don't get to see very often.
Didn't get off to a good start as the John Smiths bitter was off, only other close option was the Guinness.
The meals arrived in average time. They were ok, nothing special, apart from my steak which was tough and dry.
Then we decided to order deserts..................
From the moment that we had arrived in the restaurant we had all been eyeing up the desert menu, especially the sundaes. But the ice cream machine was broken which reduced the desert menu immensely. So disappointed and annoyed that we didn't bother with a desert.
This upset my special needs teenage daughter, who was crying in the car park as she didn't get her ice cream. Thank goodness for McDonalds and a McFlurry.
They had been aware for some time that the ice cream machine was broken therefore I feel they should have had a notice up somewhere advising of this.
This was our first experience of the Harvester chain, and it will be the last.

• Visited September 2013
Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at The Winding Wheel, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Eastrington, United Kingdom
“Food bad service worse”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Visited 21st September for my birthday with my family. didn't mind the 30 minute wait for a table at it was saturday evening. but the 55 minute wait for food was unacceptable especially when you could see it sitting under the lights. when it finally came had to ask for cutlery and the meal was cremated. send 1 steak back they've replaced all the chips but by this time I was so angry I could not eat my dinner. would I return no. would I recommend definitely not.

• Visited September 2013
Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at The Winding Wheel, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your visit to The Winding Wheel Castleford. We have replied to you personally as it is our aim to give every customer the very best experience possible, and your feedback will help us achieve this.
huddersfield
“really tasty!”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Never eaten in a Harvester before and would defo go back again! Was a little bit of a wait but all the staff were lovely and chatty. Everything was explained to us on what to do and we werent dissapointed. The food was healthy without really realising and very tasty. Fab idea of an unlimted salad bar and soft drinks. place looked clean, modern and spacious. Price was good too, not expensive! Shame there isnt one closer to me butwill definatly be having a trip there again!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Clare_Jakko
Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at The Winding Wheel, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you very much for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We were very pleased to read that you had a positive time here with us at Harvester Castleford. Our teams love to hear when they have done a good job and we have replied to you personally about your review.