“Great family day out.”

Diggerland
Ranked #2 of 20 things to do in Castleford
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Diggerland is the Ultimate adventure park experience where children and adults can drive REAL construction machinery. With over 15 rides and drives there’s something for everyone at Diggerland. For the daredevil in you, take a ride on ‘Spindizzy’, unique to Diggerland; prepare to feel the ultimate adrenaline rush on this world famous attraction. Want to get some real JCB experience? Try out your excavating skills on our giant dirt diggers, or drive a monster JCB 3CX. Or you can relax and take in the views, from 50ft in the air on our ‘Skyshuttle’.Diggerland is open weekends and every day during school holidays. Please check website or call for details.
Hullbridge, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great family day out.”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We got tesco vouchers for this trip and have had a fantastic day out!! The children can drive so much theirselves and enjoyed the freedom and rides. The indoor play area was great overall a fab day. The only downside wassome staff were a bit grumpy but it didnt detract from the day. The stunt jcb was awesome and the shaky ride was ace. We were there 4 and a half hours, no queues and the girls went on everything at least once the go karts 5 times!!!!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank nikkijackson75

Doncaster, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Exceeded All Expectations”
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We visited close to the end of the season with our 5 yo son and had a fabulous time. At first sight, the park looks small, but it is deceptive - although the attractions are close together, there are loads of things to do. We were amazed that our son was able to go on everything, in most cases unaccompanied. Although we visited on a Saturday, the park was by no means overcrowded, and we rarely had to wait more than a few minutes at any ride. We had expected to spend 3-4 hours at the park, but actually stayed more than 6 hours!
The Digg Inn cafe / restaurant has a very good selection of food at very reasonable prices - we paid only £12.50 for lunch for the three of us.
The staff, many of which are students employed for the season, are very friendly and helpful. They are happy to give guidance to young children, and our son was grateful for help in hooking his first duck from his digger, and locating the last brick in the pebble pit. We were impressed at the cleanliness of the toilets and eating areas.
There are minimum height requirements for most of the attractions, and it is worth checking these on the park's web-site to avoid disappointment.
One word of caution: close to the entrance there are several attractions for which payment is required. Some of these, eg electric cars, are available free-of-charge further into the park. Have a look round the whole park before spending too much time in this area.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Kenny A
Manchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant boys day out!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I had put off going for a while as the price was quite steep but got an offer of 3 for 2 on Vouchercloud which made it a bit more reasonable for the 4 of us. You can get a discount if you book via their website but its not as good as Voucherclouds. It was really easy to find off the M62, just over an hour from Manchester, we visited in the summer holidays.

My 5 year old son was very excited but my 7 year old daughter thought it was boring, "all you do is dig up dirt" to which my son and his father said "yes, its great isn't it?" Difference between the sexes; boys will just dig, girls want to dig something up! I have to say by the end of the day though she was a convert and in her words it was fantastic! She especially loved the hook a duck using a JCB!

It is basically in a giant horsehoe shape with smaller rides / activities at beginning and finishing with a ride in the bucket of a JCB that felt like it was going round 100 miles an hour! Kids loved that, Daddy not so much! You could take a pram around as it is all on a smooth path and it only takes about 5 mins to walk from toilets to the end of the park.

There are 18 free rides in total all of them using actual JCB vehicles, plus extra coin operated cars, dodgems, mini digger sand pits. There is even a little sit on ride through the woods as well as a bit of a off road rally in a Jeep.

There are so many real JCB's for kids to drive themselves that my son didn't know where to start first so we just followed the path around. The most we had to queue was 5 minutes but you could just see if another ride was quiet and go to that first.

For the kids that love facts each one gives you details of cost etc! Great facilities, loads of picnic tables if you want to take your own food and you can even get your hand stamped and take stuff back to the car. If you have little ones you can still do most of the rides with them sat on your knee.

A welcome addition was the indoor Fun Factory which had tables, small bouncy castle for little ones and indoor play centre that my daughter loved. Weather was ok when we went but if it was a bit drizzly you could sit it out in here.

We got there an hour after opening and left when they kicked us out so you certainly get a full day out. The staff are all fantastically friendly and it was nice to see so many women operating the equipment. The only small fly in the ointment was when we were trying to buy the picture of us all on the Spin ride, bearing in mind we had been on it four times there was only one picture and it was taken on the ground not in the all like other peoples.

I would certainly recommend it for JCB crazy kids and even those not convinced as all of my little and big kids loved it! In fact think Daddy may have loved it even more than the kids! I have to say I have a new found respect for digger operators as I didn't realise how much control you need to operate them.

CHESHIRE
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“GREAT FUN!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We went in August during the school holidays. There was me, my husband, our 6 year old son, my brother and his 11 year old daughter. As my brother lives close by, they had been many times before but it was our first visit. It definitely won't be our last.

This place is a kid's dream come true! They get to operate all manner of REAL construction machinery. The site is quite small but the rides and attractions are the sort that you want to go on again and again. It also makes it seem a very safe place as you can see pretty much everything from wherever you are. There is little or no queuing too which is a major plus.

My son's personal favourite ride was the electric Land Rovers which you could purchase in the on-site shop if you had a spare £4500! We didn't unfortunately. My niece absolutely loves the off-roading where she gets to drive a real 4x4 off-road! I had a go on the diggers where you had to retrieve three bricks that had been hidden in a pile of rubble. It was frustratingly difficult, but good fun!

There was a decent cafe on-site which was quite reasonably priced. You could also take in your own food and there was picnic tables dotted around. There was also a nice green space in the middle of the attraction where you could sit and have a picnic if the weather was decent.

The only thing I would say against this place is that it is probably more suited to slightly older children - probably 5 and over - as you had to be a certain height to go on most of the rides.

We used Tesco Clubcard Vouchers for our trip - at £5 each, well worth it. The normal gate price is £17.

1 Thank FOXY44Cheshire
Haydock, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“We Digg It”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We visited last Saturday and what an amazing place for kids and big kids alike, it's not everyday you get to drive a JCB! The equipment that has been adapted to enable passengers to ride is superb, the ground shuttle is well worth a ride especially for the donuts. The Sky Shuttle gives you a superb view from its 50 foot high vantage point however it isn't for the faint hearted and anyone who suffers from vertigo are strongly advised to avoid. The Spin Dizzy is an excavator with an adapted bucket which spins round for approximately 5 minutes, this is for those who like to feel nauseous, there are various other small activites, I would say my favourite was the Bobcats, they are god fun and really easy to drive. On site there is a cafe which is excellent and reasonably priced however beware that they only accept cash, no cards are accepted. Considering in the main it is like a building site it is kept very clean and tidy and all staff are very polite and extremely helpful. Would I return, absolutely, we loved it.

1 Thank mcfin1980