“Excellent curry amazing atmosphere”
Review of Shajan

Shajan
Ranked #6 of 232 Restaurants in Blackburn
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We offer authentic, quality Indian Cuisine in Blackburn, Lancashire. Established in 1992 we have an unrivaled reputation for both quality and customer care. Whether you're looking for a venue for your next special occasion or quality Indian food - you'll always find a fast, friendly service waiting for you.Set in the picturesque Ribble Valley the Shajan is an award-winning restaurant. It started off as a small business holding only 96 customers. However its popularity lead to its gradual expansion over the years and it is now able to accommodate up to 205 customers. The restaurant itself is split into 3 rooms enabling it to cater for private parties and large functions without losing its intimacy or atmosphere. Its modern decor, luxurious setting and spacious car park have attracted a wide range of customers including celebrities, some of which arrive in helicopters. The chefs' come from all over South Asia, so the restaurant is able to offer a varied cuisine, and the large number of regular South Asian customers is a testament to the foods authenticity. We believe the restaurant's reputation is our best accolade as it is built purely on word of mouth. The Shajan's emphasis on quality, customer service and above all its continual drive for improvement, have all lead to its success.
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I recently visited this place not knowing of its existence until my girlfriend let me know she wanted to go here for her birthday meal with her family. We arrived and had to wait as it was really busy however we were greeting and constantly asked if we were ok for drinks and provided with menus. The wait was to be expected for a saturday night at 8pm. Our waiter took our order while we waited and after 15-20 mins we were shown our table. We ordered poppadums with the tray of wonderful dips and spices. The flavours were amazing and ranged from very hot pickles and peppers, red and green onions and then minty and mango dips to refresh your taste buds ready for the main course. I like to change what I have regularly when I have a curry so I opted for a hot jalfrezi. It certainly gave me a sweat to the brow and a tingle to the lips but the flavours didn't make this a punishing eat the chicken tikka was moist and flavoursome and you could see it was cooked fresh. I myself could not handle a dessert but opted for an Irish coffee which was a standard as expected coffee to end the night. I'd put it up there with the best 3 curries I have had and I will be visiting many times in the future.

A final word about the staff who were excellent and seem to just not stop there are about 30 waiters running around and it looks chaotic but everything comes together and it is amazing. Well worth the visit just don't eat the day you go.

1  Thank Danboy20000

Reviewed August 25, 2013

This really was the best meal i have tasted in a long time.The place was packed.people comming and going all night.The food was very tasty and our party of 7 all said the same.I would definately recommend this restaurant to all.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

hi ,
this was the first time we have tried shajan and can tell you all that it was the best curry ive ever had. me my father in law wife and daughter had a fantastic meal u get what u pay for was excellent the service was really good too.

if anyone is wanting to have a curry then go shajan it will not disappoint :)

can safely say that we will all be going back agian

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

You couldn't ask for more really. Great food and service and a very good value. Second time there and they're consistently so. Starters are really worth trying so make sure you're hungry enough on your visit

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We have eaten at Shajan on six occasions and consider it the best Indian food in the North West of England outside of Manchester. My regular visits to India throughout the 1980's and 1990's gave me a passion for Indian food that was adopted by my wife and later by our children. We have tried a wide selection of dishes and have not yet had a bad meal. We live 50 miles away from Shajan but the authenticity of the menu, quality of ingredients, care in preparation and quality of service all combine to make the journey worth while.