“Good value”

Ranked #9 of 237 Restaurants in Blackburn
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We visit the grey mare occasionally we find it , comfortable clean. The food is really good well what we have had so far, and is great value. We will defiantly be back.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Just got back from a really nice lunch with my parents at the Grey Mare.
We had a midweek special and all meals are a fiver.

I ordered suet beef pudding as did my dad and my mum had the plate steak pie. the food was nice and hot when it came and tasted like really good home cooked food, we also had pudding and a cheese board for dessert. the staff were friendly and the waiting time was good (although it was quiet) all in all a nice Thursday afternoon lunch for a really reasonable price :-)

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I have been here a few times with family when I am visiting home. It is a well known spot and popular with many of the locals (always a good sign). Stick to the set price menu and then add a pint of Thwaites for a really good visit to a decent pub. The only reason this isn't getting 5 stars the service can occasionally be a bit hit or miss but it isn't a reason to avoid this place ... the staff get there in the end!

PS. In summer the outdoor area is brilliant (but there is no play area and kids really do need to be controlled / entertained ... we take top trumps etc).

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Standard pub food done nicely and very good value for money. We were a party of 9 and all enjoyed the food. It is quite cramped though and so it was slightly chaotic with younger children. Overall a good experience.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Called into this pub for a quick lunch on the go on a Saturday.....pub itself is nice enough and the staff were pleasant and friendly but...oh dear...the food wasn't up to much at all. We weren't even having anything fancy, indeed I ordered a quarter pounder with chips and salad - the chips were all shrivelled up and overcooked, even the burger in the bap was completely uninspiring - all in all the worst lunch I've had in a long time. Prices were pretty reasonable but no intentions of ever going back