The hotel is approx. 20-30 minutes from the M6 J31, situated on the main road in the village of Mellor. This road did not get too much traffic and is therefore not very noisy.
The main building hosts the reception, bar, restaurant and guest rooms with an annex building known as "The Courtyard" across the car park containing 6 additional rooms. Free parking is available for all hotel & restaurant guests so spaces can be limited at busy times. The front patio area offers use of wooden tables & benches for patrons.
Check in after 2pm was efficient and the staff very friendly & polite. The décor was in keeping with the style of building and was well maintained.
Room 232 in the annex was on the ground floor and was compact but provided all the facilities you would require: free Wi-Fi, satellite TV, clock / radio alarm, DAB radio, hairdryer, tea / coffee tray, trouser press, iron & board,complimentary mineral water & local baked biscuits. The bathroom was spacious and light with Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries for guest use.
Breakfast is served from 7 - 10am in the restaurant, which offers a good selection of hot / cold food which is well presented and very good quality. Lunch & dinner menus are comprehensive with a great wine & local ale selection for the discerning drinker. Speciality / in season, local dishes are available as additional choices to the main menu. The food was excellent, well presented and served promptly. The table service was very efficient & again the staff were all very friendly.
This was a great little hotel that provided excellent, very friendly service, quality of food and made a business trip very pleasant! If I had one comment to make on an minor improvement, it would be to oil the creaky doors in the annex to prevent guests making noise (even if they try not to) when entering / leaving the rooms and building.
I still thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and would definitely recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Millstone has retained all the charm of the coaching inn it once was - but added all the creature comforts of a modern hotel. It is one of the highest rated AA 2 star hotels in the country and has been awarded 2 AA food rosettes. The Millstone at Mellor, Blackburn is easy to reach from the M6 or M65. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Millstone at Mellor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millstone At Mellor Hotel Blackburn
- Millstone Hotel Mellor
- Millstone At Mellor Blackburn, Lancashire