“Good value”

O'Marleys Red Lion
Ranked #91 of 237 Restaurants in Blackburn
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Red Lion, located in Blackburn, Lancashire. We pride ourselves on being a warm and sociable pub, welcoming to all the general public, where your service will be greeted with a smile from one of our friendly bar staff. We offer a fantastic selection of refreshing beers and ales, which will not leave you disappointed as well as serving delicious food to whet your appetite. Please come along to the Red Lion, we look forward to seeing you soon! Our facilities include: Food Destination, Easily accessible meeting place, Sunday Roast Menu, Traditional Cask Ales, Cask Marque, Free Wi-Fi, Beer Garden, Real Fires, Large Car Park, Disabled Access, Outside Smoking Shelter, Function Room, Private Functions Catered For
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stopped at this place for a bite to eat as I'd never been there before. I was quite pleased with the layout of the place. Nice and relaxed atmosphere with waiter service. Will definately return to this place in the future.

1  Thank Eddie682511

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Superb could not ask for better. Food superb service and staff friendly and good fun without being in your face or inserting themselves into your company.
Menue could be expanded a little but not by much. The quality of the food is a complete and wellcome return to fresh on stie catering using local suppliers instead of buying cook chill or frozen company catering.

10 out of 10 for the staff and 11 out of 10 for the food

Good food cooked on site fresh not frozen cant ask for anything more.
Staff fall over themselves to ask the chef if you can have your meal the way you want it and not have to have it how the chef wants it.
Do yourself a favour and treat your taste buds to a cheap but tasty real English pub grub eatery.
Mike

2  Thank Mike J
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Visited the Red Lion with my Great Aunt who is 100 as a treat for her, we don't live in the area so went purely on the reviews on here.

Well what a wonderful afternoon we had-the staff treated my aunt like the queen she loved it, so a massive thanks to the 2 girls who looked after us.

The food choices were great-lots for all tastes, well cooked, presented wonderfully so credit to the chefs.

If you were 150 miles closer you would become a regular restaurant for us.

Highly recommended don't hesitate in trying then out!

1  Thank hattjess
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner visited on a Tuesday afternoon expecting the place to be quiet but to our surprise it was rather busy with plenty going on , we was seated straight away in a spacious restraunt area was very good I had the sausage n mash and was very good, overall the food was good and the atmosphere was good no complaints

1  Thank Stephenpickup
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My wife and I visited the Red Lion at 1300 on a Monday lunchtime. We hadn't planned the visit and I remembered the place from a few years ago. The pub is part of the John Willie Lees group and is a very old, substantial stone building. Very cosy and welcoming inside even though the interior is huge. It was well patronised for a weekday and the greeting from the chap behind the bar was very polite and welcoming. We got our drinks and opened a tab (card not required at this stage, which is a nice touch). sat down and perused the comprehensive menu. Someone had gone to a good deal of trouble to get the menu well-balanced and catering for most diets. This was particularly important for my wife who is locked into a strict calorie-controlled diet. There was also a daily specials board and a "Granny's special of the day". Another nice touch. I ordered a serving of nachos with a side of chilli beef (extra £1.70). My wife specifically ordered the "healthy option" mushroom omelette which should have come without chips (as you would expect) and extra salad. When the meals arrived, the omelette was accompanied by chips and a small salad. When I queried if this was the "healthy option", I was told that I had not ordered this. Unfortunately this was not the case, as I had made a point of emphasising the healthy option when I placed the order. The omelette itself was quite small and when my wife looked under the omelette, there was a large puddle of oil! My nachos were OK. There's not much you can mess up with nachos! The tiny sauceboat (!) of chilli was neither spicy nor representing good value for money.
A bit disappointing really, but I suppose, like most things, you get what you pay for. The meal was around the £7.00/head for what we had. There were many other options at higher prices. The draught beer that I had was exceptional and was well kept and presented.
I have dined at other JWL outlets in the past and I have generally found them to be of a good standard. This was not really an exception, if only they had listened more closely to the order.

2  Thank ericthehalfabee20