Waves Water Fun Centre - CLOSED

Soon it is wave goodbye

Reviewed November 18, 2014
yerfandsam
Yorkshire Dales

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 11, 2018 via mobile

This has been demolished the new sports centre with swimming pool only has two slides, no waves no inflatables, no where to eat and dirty, not a patch on the old waves.

Reviewed February 4, 2016

there is a new family sports centre with a pool very nearby. ie 100 yards away. check it out through Blackburn information centre. full details available there.

5  Thank gill w
Reviewed August 23, 2015 via mobile

We took our 3 year old for a play here today.
The changing area was great with roomy family change areas. All seemed new and clean too.
We mainly stayed in the children's area and it was ideal. Our son loved the little slides and the water games in the toddler play area. The children's pool was nice and warm and shallow. Just what you need when you have a little one. The only downside was it seemed like it had a bit too much chlorine in it we went home with red eyes. The main pool was also nice but we spent very little time there. The staff were very helpful showing us where to go and seemed to know exactly what they were doing. We had a great day and we will definitely return.

5  Thank Givemecake13
Reviewed July 10, 2015

just been refurbished and is real great fun now, well worth the visit for the whole family to have fun.

3  Thank Ess261
Reviewed June 30, 2015

not great lifeguards and the pool is not that clean, you feel looked in on due to the glass that outsiders can see you through

1  Thank Sharon L
Reviewed May 2, 2015

I have been a few times...it was great when it first opened ...unfortunately it is run down , and also been told it has now been closed! But Blackburn are opening a new baths !

2  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed February 27, 2015

brilliant pool, great fun for all the family but sadly closed down for ever to be replaced by an average everyday swimming pool

4  Thank matt p
Reviewed November 18, 2014

I had several as to spend unaccompanied in Blackburn, but I ahd a pass that allowed me access to the Waves Gym and pool.

The gym is an add on to the original waves pool and the equipment was not up to date. That said there were sufficient facilities to cater for the few in attendance. There did not seem to be an instructor, but there were young lassies keeping it clean.

The pool is a fun pool. ,meaning no lane swimming the curving form and slides supplimented, I think, with a swell action.

All in all clean and empty in the November morning. pool closes down for staff lunch ant 11.30.

I gather the whole thing is to be replaced in March 2015 - which will greatly benefit the folks of Blackburn.

2  Thank yerfandsam
Reviewed November 1, 2014

This is an average pool but like most of the things in blackburn needs updating. The staff don't look like they are capable of saving a drowning child

1  Thank Logeybearsharon
Reviewed October 28, 2014

I visited this pool today with grandchildren aged 2, 8 and 10. This cost £14.45 and £2.40 to park the car. I expected the pool to be busy with it being half-term but the numbers were manageable. When we were leaving I noticed that it was 12.25. I still had the entrance ticket in my bag and we paid at 10.42. I then waited to speak with the receptionist to see how long we are supposed to have in the pool. She asked what colour bands we had and I informed her that they were green. She checked her list and informed me that we were entitled to stay in the pool until 13.00 hrs. When I informed her that there had been at least two tannoy calls for green to leave the pool she denied this. If you are visiting this facility check before hand what will be your expected time of departure from the pool. The lockers are small and cleanliness I would describle as average.

2  Thank 871ladybird