“Fantastic Restuarant”

Chiquito - Blackburn
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 28, 2013

One of the best restaurants within Blackburn, always loved mexican food. Great service, average prices and staff are always friendly, couldn't ask for anymore!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I may be a little biased, but I absolutely love this place. I don't like the phrase 110% because however much you try, the best you can do is 100%. Having said that, the staff at Chiquito Blackburn do seem to go above & beyond to make one's visit excellent, that's not just the waiting staff, but everyone from Chef & kitchen staff to Managers, nothing is too much trouble for them.
I have visited the restaurant on average around twice a week since it opened & have to say that I do have my favourite dishes,I have sometimes been a little disappointed when those favourites are removed from the menu & replaced by new dishes, but hey, nothing ventured nothing gained, right? I have tried every dish on every menu so far & am looking forward to further changes, even if those changes are a return to previous best sellers. Although I usually visit on my own, the venue caters perfectly well for couples looking for a romantic meal, family treats or parties for any kind of celebration. People may have misconceptions about Tex-Mex, thinking that it may be spicy, but there a wide range of dishes to suit all tastes, & if you're not sure about anything, the cognizant staff are only too happy to offer advice. So go on, give them a try, I'm sure that you will be pleasantly surprised. Keep up the brilliant work guys!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Really recommend this place. Friendly staff and amazing food. Friends and family warned me off chiquitos but I thought I would try it. Amazing service from Carwyn, walked us though the whole menu explained everything to us. When we finally decided I went for the pollo del feugo I think it was called which was amazing and my partner went for the border wrap. Both left very happy!! All round great service and brilliant food! Defiantly worth a try! :)

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Blackburn Chiquito-Venue was more or less empty. But at least it was peaceful and we could hear each other, at the same time there was no particular noise and we were the main attraction. Staff however were friendly. It was a girl who waited on us and she gave us plenty of time and explained the menu to us. Excellent service. Price from what I remember was a bit steep as when my food arrived it was very plain and boring but also dry. I didn't eat much and the staff didn't ask how our meals were. Best advice, try for yourself. everyone is different. :/

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Came here on the 5th of March and as it was a Tuesday it was a quiet evening in the restaurant. Perfect really, as it provided the setting for some romance and where I could clearly speak to my partner without having screaming children or loud large parties surrounding us.
The waitress who greeted us seated us in a booth which was perfect.
We shared a starter, the pulled pork potato skins (which honestly, were just average) and then went on to have two brilliant mains.
My partner went for the Full Rack and almost had to give up at the end as he was so stuffed! Myself I had the chicken and chorizo burger which was fantastic, packed with flavour and leaves you feeling full. Sadly no room for dessert!
The service was fantastic too, all the waitress' has plenty of patience and we didn't feel rushed.
I had personally been sworn off Chiquito's for the rest of my life after a disastrous evening at the Leicester square branch in London but was given a voucher to use towards the meal to restore our faith in the chain and we can happily say after this evening, we will be returning again.