“Valentines Special, Must GO!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Calypso Caribbean Restaurant

Calypso Caribbean Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 219 Restaurants in Blackburn
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bolton, England, United Kingdom
“Valentines Special, Must GO!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

This Caribbean restaurant is a great experience to try. The food was tasty and you got a reasonable amount for the cost. If you're not sure on what to eat you can order a platter which comes with a mix of Caribbean foods. The cocktails are greatly priced and to die for, I'd recommend buying a pitcher as thats all you'll need to drink all night.

The staff were very helpful, and friendly. Fast service and we both left with a smile, plus I got a real red rose as it was valentines day, which was a really nice touch to an amazing evening.

• Visited February 2013

Blackburn, United Kingdom
“I don't like spice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

As I said above. But. My partner and father do so....I'll give it a go...they were very accommodating and advised what I wouldn't have to avoid the burn and ended up cooking a sirloin steak for me it did have a bit of seasoning on I but was capable for my pallet...the young waiter was attentive funny and very chatty felt like he was one of family b end of meal...he wine is very reasonable for restaurant prices...apparently the spicy food is excellent...tasted the Puddings very nice...would go again even though I am limited on what I can have

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
North West England UK
“Taste Sensation - Excellent Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

Using the Tastecard this restaurant is a no brainer - you cannot get food as unique and flavoursome anywhere else in my opinion.

The restaurant itself was quiet and I think could be renovated, but, the food is genuinely outstanding.

The king prawn starter, beef patties and jerk chicken (black bean salad goes very well) are all dishes I would recommend.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

We have been to calypso many times now and are never disappointed. The staff are so helpful on explaining the menu to you and if you're first time visitors the platter for two gives you a selection of everything and is great value for money. We now visit frequently

• Visited September 2012
Burnley, United Kingdom
“Wifes Birthday fancied a change THE CALYPSO”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Simple to book with friendly staff on the phone.
Welcomed and made at ease as soon as we stepped through the door.
The waiters were second to none, attentive but not pushy. They also responded immediately and without hesitation to our unusual request for a sweet pudding to be served first.
It was the banana and pineapple dishes served with rum and raisin ice cream. My wife described it as divine.
As newcomers to Caribbean food we chose the set platter.
An excellent choice for anyone coming in.
Comprising a selection of spiced chicken wings, coleslaw, sweetcorn, pasties and a curry dish with peas and rice, red snapper, and more. it was more than a match for two healthy appetites. ALL the food was cooked to perfection. The sweetcorn obviously fresh without a hint of the starch you can get, and the snapper moist and delicious.
The ambience is lifted by quiet enough to talk reggae that really takes you there.
Drinks wise we had a rum cocktail, the obvious accompaniment, well presented.
As we paid and were ready to leave we met the owner and head chef. A fine gentlemen of great personality and generosity.
We are the first of a group of friends interested in trying new cuisine and assured him of a hearty recommendation to all our friends and to those here on trip advisor.

• Visited March 2013