Hill View Private Hotel
Blakewater Hotel(Blackburn)
  • Breakfast included
$68
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Blackburn M65 Hotel(Darwen)(Great Value!)
$52
Travelodge
$75
$73
$341
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

To be fair the hotel wasn't too bad in desperate need of a clean up and lick of paint but was ok for a place to get my head down for few hours before a course I was on at the brewery, got the feeling he wanted to get the money from me before I got to the room was asked " could he take the card payment now because I won't be here in the morning" yet at 8am there he was. Room was pitch black without the tv on literally couldn't see my hand in front of my face 15cm away, no bedside lamp and the view from the window was well restricted ..... By a 8foot wall.. Glad was only 1 night next time a would rather pay double and stay in a travel lodge ...

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Grahamcook87
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Our company booked this hotel because of it's proximity to the train station. Owing to some transport issues I had to stay in another hotel. When I called to cancel the booking, no mention of a charge was made and as my PA was told that credit cards were not accepted as a method of payment I thought this was an end to the matter.... until I received an email an hour later telling me that the company card had been charged. I called the hotel directly and spoke to a man describing himself as the bookings manager. He told me that he put the charge through as soon as he heard about the cancellation and could not (later changed to would not) refund it.
Very unhelpful people, and I might even go as far as to say: not entirely honest about their bookings policies.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Paul447
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I cannot express sufficiently the absolutely terrible experience we had in relation to this place which has mis labelled itself a hotel?! maybe a hostel or a hovel would be the better description. I would not want any other fellow travellers to book into this place by mistake and experience the treatment we had. Truly truly awful and I see that I am not alone as all of the other reviews mirror what I am about to report. It was unclean and the staff were untruthful and unhelpful. The booking was made and upon arrival the mistake was immediately obvious, What a complete and utter dive!! the reservation was immediately cancelled and alternative arrangements were made. No use was made of the room at all and we were assured that the booking would be cancelled and there would be no charge made to our credit card. This was infact a complete lie as the money was debited from our credit card for a room that was never even inhabited. This is sharp practice and completely unacceptable. We have telephoned Hill View and the male who identified himself as the owner was very rude and refused to refund the money , he then invited us to sue him and hung up . How rude!!! I am infact a Solicitor so on this occasion the owner is messing with the wrong person and I may well grant him his request and sue him. Whatever happened to the customer is always ?! I shall most certainly be taking this matter further.Do not provide any credit card details to these people to mis use .

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank swaddy1
Reviewed August 20, 2012

paid 50 for a small tiny room which was very basic to say the least it was dirty noisy and pretty horrid we was told breakfst was served between 7 and 8am after a very restless sleep we woke at 740 we went down stairs to be told the kitchen was closed and we could only have cereal the waitress was very unhelpful and infact i get paid till 8 and i leave at 8 was her answer i think this was disgustin and i wouldnt advise anybody to stay here STAY WELL CLEAR

Room Tip: i just wouldnt stay here honestly
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank h a
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Just to summarise when a man walks into your room at 3am whilst you are a sleep and a shadow of him is seen going through your belongings is probably my worst nightmare- it came true at the hill view hotel, Blackburn.

• Stayed: July 2012