Hill View Private Hotel
$134
  • Pool
$76
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Blackburn M65 Hotel(Darwen)(Great Value!)
$55
Travelodge
$141
Hotels.com
$90
$76
No availability for your dates from our partners
The Maple Lodge(Clayton le Moors)
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I cannot express sufficiently the absolutely terrible experience we had in relation to this place which has mis labelled itself a hotel?! maybe a hostel or a hovel would be the better description. I would not want any other fellow travellers to book into this place by mistake and experience the treatment we had. Truly truly awful and I see that I am not alone as all of the other reviews mirror what I am about to report. It was unclean and the staff were untruthful and unhelpful. The booking was made and upon arrival the mistake was immediately obvious, What a complete and utter dive!! the reservation was immediately cancelled and alternative arrangements were made. No use was made of the room at all and we were assured that the booking would be cancelled and there would be no charge made to our credit card. This was infact a complete lie as the money was debited from our credit card for a room that was never even inhabited. This is sharp practice and completely unacceptable. We have telephoned Hill View and the male who identified himself as the owner was very rude and refused to refund the money , he then invited us to sue him and hung up . How rude!!! I am infact a Solicitor so on this occasion the owner is messing with the wrong person and I may well grant him his request and sue him. Whatever happened to the customer is always ?! I shall most certainly be taking this matter further.Do not provide any credit card details to these people to mis use .

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank swaddy1
Reviewed August 20, 2012

paid 50 for a small tiny room which was very basic to say the least it was dirty noisy and pretty horrid we was told breakfst was served between 7 and 8am after a very restless sleep we woke at 740 we went down stairs to be told the kitchen was closed and we could only have cereal the waitress was very unhelpful and infact i get paid till 8 and i leave at 8 was her answer i think this was disgustin and i wouldnt advise anybody to stay here STAY WELL CLEAR

Room Tip: i just wouldnt stay here honestly
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank h a
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Just to summarise when a man walks into your room at 3am whilst you are a sleep and a shadow of him is seen going through your belongings is probably my worst nightmare- it came true at the hill view hotel, Blackburn.

• Stayed: July 2012
8  Thank Peterson55
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Booked last minute as there was very little else available for the Wednesday we were staying. First impressions from the ridiculously overgrown 'garden' were not good. Upon entering the small 'reception' area, the spiders and flies didn't give me much hope anything was going to get better. We rang the bell for service. A few moments later, a small lady came from the 'lounge' and asked if we had a booking. She made a phone call to a gentlemen whom I spoke to about our booking, of which he had no recollection of. phone was passed back to lady, who ended conversation and then said 'wait here'. We took a seat in the 'lounge', which was occupied by 2 white leather sofas, one of which was piled high with washing next to an ironing board from the 40's. A TV stand, TV and Skybox were the only other components of the room, loose wires hanging from the socket that said items were plugged into. Moments passed, she returned and said 'yes, come'. We followed her up the dark, very dark stairs and she opened the door to room '6' and gave me the key to room '9'. (corrected only later when we tried to lock the door before leaving). The room was set out the best it could, and the sheets on the bed seemed clean enough. A flimsy wardrobe stood erect in the corner over looking the flat screen TV, 2 towels and an assortment of tea bags. The communal 'bathroom', which we were not directed to, but found outside the room, was a disgrace. Cigarette butts on the floor with a family of large dead flies laying just beside. The toilet seat had never seen cleanliness; sticky and stained with an assortment of dirt. The whole place had a smell of rot and, even though breakfast was included in the price, we ensured we did not eat. I would not recommend staying here for £50 per night. I was so close to paying a £200 charge for a taxi back to my home town. All in all, my partner and I were dissatisfied with the whole experience. Rude staff, place so dark we almost needed a torch at 2pm to find our room and bed that felt like I was sleeping on the concrete floor outside. The walls were also as thin as card. Every line, from every show the gentleman in the next room was watching, could be heard. Do your best to find elsewhere to stay. The only, I repeat ONLY positive for this hovel, sorry, Hotel, was the location as it was close to the centre of Blackburn (5-10 minute walk)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Charlie D
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Having a laugh - some one from the hotel must have written the review in April 11 - scoring a top rate of 5!!!
I personally have never stayed in such a run down place, thank goodness it was only for one night. The web site for this place looks and sounds great - when I arrived it was different picture and experience. The shower room is definitely not "en-suite". The communal shower and toilet was horrible. I'm not going to waste my time listing all the flaws this place has - it's simple enough to say "do yourself a favour and make this hotel your last option". The only good thing about it was leaving.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business