All reviews football stadium hotel car park curry room was spotless hairdryer housekeeper takeaway lad
Reviewed October 12, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a couple of nights whilst at business meetings.
Cannot fault the staff or the food at the pub.
If you want a decent nights sleep id suggest looking somewhere else.
Doors slamming from 4am on wards isnt acceptable as far as im concerned. If it wasnt for this i probably would of overlooked the unstoppable dripping from tap and shower that kept me up the night before. As you can imagine I was not in the best of moods by time I got up then to find the water was barely lukewarm..both mornings. would of complained at the time but getting home and having a decent night sleep was my main priority. Wont be staying there next time.

Stayed: October 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2018 via mobile

Came here with my sister niece partner and daughters for my birthday lunch sister orders 5oz steak and came with a steak that looked more like 2oz didn't have the salad or mushroom now she sat without whlies we all eat burger meals that cost £8 and very disappointed the chips was more a child size would not recommend NOT TO COME TILL THEY sort the problem out wouldn't even rate it 1 star

Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Geoffrey C
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

I'll start off with the room,

As you can see from the pictures it looks like it hasn't been cleaned since the 80's, there was mould all around the bathroom, the paint was peeling off and falling into the bath, there was sick with lumps on the back of the door, holes in the walls under the tv and deep scores around the bedroom, the three glasses that was given to us had toothpaste and lipstick all over them and even after the room had been so called cleaned they remained the same, and there was liquid stains on every wall.

The restaurant,

The service was slow, there was no more than 10 people In there but still managed to take 45mins to get a breakfast, the breakfast wrap was missing 2 main ingredients (sausage and cheese), the scrambled egg on toast came with no butter on it or on the side, the full English came with frozen cubes of butter and the sausages were pink inside.

The children's play area,

The slide was missing half of the wood on the side that stops children from falling off, one of the steps on to the climbing apparatus had been snapped clean off so any young child couldn't get on it if they wanted too, there was cigarette butts all over the floor and the climbing frame along with beer cans and crisp packets act.

There was never anyone in the reception to complain too, I would strongly recommend not to stay here, I travel quite a lot and this is by far the worse place I have ever stayed!

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Dean M
Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

We came for a short time break to attend my sister's wedding . We booked here as so was the rest of the party travelling from around the UK. We had food Thursday evening at the hungry horse attached and was very dissapointed . The high chairs where crusted with food every showing mould on the underneath the menus looked and felt like they had never seen a cloth and disinfectant along woth the tables . They couldn't out a good on our food so the party could eat together . So we didn't. But the time the first had finished the last was just arriving. The staff where abrupt, at times just rude and constantly telling the children off . This was and is labelled a family restaurant however I wouldn't bring your children unless they sit down eat their food in silence and don't move. My husband's chicken was virtually are in the middle and after the horrid time we had we left safe to say we gestured elsewhere to eat . Our room on the fernhurst lodge was adequate . It had a bed and a working tv . Was reasonably clean and dis have a kettle and tea caddy. However it also had stains on the covers. Was only equipped woth one towel, the hair dryer didn't work , the fan in the bathroom constantly went off 24hoyrs a day . The bathroom rails where rusty and the bath chipped and marked . The hallways where noisy and one evening staff where in room having a party till all hours. To say we where dissapointed is an understatement. We could have mentioned this to the staff but having called the phone as the reception isn't manned full time . Well actually our entire party only so one person for an hour . To no avail nothing wad said we checked out an day early and stayed with friends instead

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank naomiparkington
Andy B, General Manager at Fernhurst Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2018

Hello,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review about your visit.

I’m sorry that things weren’t right on this occasion; I am very keen to learn more about your experience.

If you wish to speak myself about your visit, please call on 01254 693541.

Regards

Andy

Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

Louise and Sophie on the bar were great. Chloe who brought our food was very professional and checked back to see if everything was ok. Had the Lamb Rogan Josh curry for the first time and really enjoyed it.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple

Hello,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review about your visit.

I’m pleased you had a good time and enjoyed your curry; we do hope to see you soon!

If there is anything we can do in the meantime, or if you wish to speak with a Duty Manager, please call us on 01254 693541.

Enjoy your day…