We had the "pleasure" of staying over night in the above establishment. The standard of service was very poor from the minute we arrived until the time of our departure. It took approximately twenty minutes to book us in. The room was adequate but the draft blowing through the window frame was intolerable for the person sleeping on the sofa bed. There is no night porter as my daughter found out when the key to her room wouldn't work, Indeed the staff member she eventually found said it was lucky he was still there otherwise she would have to "sleep in her car". She pointed out that it would be impossible as her keys were in the room. He then reprogrammed the key but the same thing happened again the following morning upon returning from breakfast.
The breakfast was very poor. The only difference between the adults cooked breakfast and the children's was that it was served on a larger plate. Cooked breakfast consisted of one overcooked piece of poor quality bacon, a sausage, an egg, beans that looked as if they had been warmed up several times, half a tomato and a cold mushroom. The entire experience was less than satisfactory even more so as it cost over £70 when friends of ours were staying two miles away in another chain lodge with their room only costing £29.50.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 3 minutes from M65 Junction 4, The Fernhurst is perfectly situated for business meetings, celebrations or as a base to discover the East Lancashire region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Fernhurst Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fernhurst Arms Hotel Blackburn
- Fernhurst Lodge Blackburn, Lancashire