Friendly and helpful staff, good location, comfortable beds.
There are cons though:
1) You have to look for a receptionist. No one is ever sitting there.
2) The new code system is not great. Anyone can access the guestroom area if they know the code
3) check your towels. The towels we got were full of hair and we had to wait over 30 minutes to get them replaced even though one of us was stood waiting in the shower.
4) one electricity socket! you have to ask them for an extension with more sockets to be able to charge your devices.
5) The hair dryer is terrible. It will work for exactly 15-20 seconds before it over heats and takes a break for 10 minutes.
I have been at least 6 times at the same place, but this was definitely the worst.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 3 minutes from M65 Junction 4, The Fernhurst is perfectly situated for business meetings, celebrations or as a base to discover the East Lancashire region. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Fernhurst Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fernhurst Arms Hotel Blackburn
- Fernhurst Lodge Blackburn, Lancashire