“GREAT RESTAURANT & GREAT FOOD”
Review of Shahi Qila

Shahi Qila
Ranked #107 of 236 Restaurants in Blackburn
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I have been to this place a few times in the last few months the first time I was invited by my friends & found the food, service and staff of a high standard.
I was put off at first because of the nasty reviews I read on trip adviser however on my arrival I was pleasantly suprised. Since my first visit I have gone in with family a few times and none of the negatives seem true.

1  Thank Rocketmail1

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Its the worst place to eat as food was definitely 2-3 days old and was smelling.I feel sick after eating there . Will never visit the place again.
DEFINITELY AVOID.

1  Thank Ali A
Reviewed March 7, 2014

If you want your waiters to be in uniform and to kow-tow to you, forget it. If you want to be met by pleasant people serving great food, then go for it. I tasted lots of delicious foods I'd never tasted before. I'm allergic to milk and the staff pointed out what I could eat (of which there was lots) and what I couldn't. We were impressed by the number of Asian families eating out there and obviously enjoying it - what better recommendation could you have. No alcohol and they charge for water, but for 10 quid a head, can you complain about water at £1.50 for 1.5 litre? Great place.

1  Thank Johndancer
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Went with my family and chose the buffet option. The place seemed pretty quiet as we were the only people present. The food at the buffet was good but unfortunately I didn't like the desserts as there wasn't a lot of options to choose from. There wasn't much of a service as we were taken to our table and just kept on getting our refills. So overall the food was good but they definitely need to invest time to improving their customer service skills.

1  Thank batsss91
Reviewed July 15, 2013

After fasting for 18 hours i thought i would got to eat out at a buffet with family. The poppadoms were stale i predict a day or two old,the salad was just not appealing to eye as it did not look fresh. moving on to starters the most bland food iv ever tasted.I filled my plate with a bit of everything but honestly can say it was rank, could not finish my plate and was put of main course i moved on to dessert. Another disappointment absolutely shockingly poor quality they cant even get jelly right all traditional dessert tasted bland and also tasted nothing like they should have. All this was followed by the worst customer service, i was told i would get charged for wastage of food as i struggled finishing anything of my plates I laughed at them and replied do you get concept of buffet?? If after 18 hours of not eating i felt their food was so bad i dread to think what it would taste like on a normal day.I felt sick all the way home. THE NEXT TIME YOUR HUNGRY AND THINKING OF EATING AT SHAHI QILA JUST HAVE SOME DOG BISCUITS.

3  Thank ALI Y