“Once again, FANTASTIC!”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This place gets better and better every time we come here -- and that's regularly.
Every credit to the staff who go out of their way to make you feel so welcome, and the food is nothing short of magnificent, especially since the restaurant offers a Chinese section as well as the Indian food.
We came here for the 2nd time with a relative who is in his 80's, and he totally agress that is is well worth the 40 minute drive from home.
We are looking forward to returning again VERY soon.
Keep up the great work -- after a total number of visits now in double figures, we simply cannot justify any of the negative comments on here.

Mike & Kim

1  Thank mikeholroyd

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I visited that restaurant for buffet, restaurant looks nice, as i started taking food in my plate i checked that the food was dried and not fresh, non of the item was warm. On their website it says more than 80 dishes but it was only 12 dishes and some of them were empty and same were smelly, they have offer 1 pound unlimited drinks but the Pepsi was served seems like was opened couple of days ago. manager started argument when i made a complaint to him. i wouldn't recommend this at all. A day before i was in Kebabish which is better and good quality food.

2  Thank Fparekh
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I suppose it depends on what you like really - the buffet style service was not to my liking - plenty of stuff but not the dishes that I would have chosen - you can choose just from what they put out - no alcohol which actually I quite like

1  Thank Stephen R
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I went with a large group of women from work. We were a mixed bunch of Asian and non Asian women. I don't like spicy food but i really enjoyed the food. Being a buffet i was able to choose from lots of starters for myself but there was also plenty of spicy dishes for everyone else. The waiter were really friendly and helpful, and if you wanted a specific dish making, just let them know the day before or earlier in the day and they'll make it for you! There is no alcohol served as they don't have a licence so you can't take your own. The restaurant is decorated very well and well maintained. there is a large function room upstairs which is for hire or can be used when they are busy. All in all i would go back again and recommend it to a friend.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Been to Shahi a few months ago, booked a table for my wedding anniversary. When we arrived the 'restaurant' was closed, but they didn't bother to inform me about that and had to go for the night elsewhere. After a call to the manager was promised a free meal so decided to give them one more chance but turned out that upon arrival, the waiter did not know anything about the manager's decision but was so 'generous' that he offered us free water on the house.

Never ever will I visit them again,furthermore I advised all my friends to stay away from them as well.

Btw. Food wasn't of highest standard neither so it definitely didn't help

3  Thank SlavoBlackburn