All reviewspuddingsunday lunchvisiting the areamain courseplenty of choicerestarauntsauceparty
Reviewed September 3, 2017

Excellent bar food, great breakfast, good choice of beers and a very good room. We were attending a friend's daughter's wedding in the village and wanted somewhere close by. The hotel provided everything we wanted.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
TheRagRawnsley, Owner at The Rag Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2018

Thank you for your kind words chrisbirkby. We're delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 21, 2017 via mobile

Beautiful food wonderfully presented.. staff excellent and friendly.

No better place for a meal amazing value for money. We had the chicken dish which was sublime. Homemade chips are the best anywhere and even better the desserts! The Creme Brûlée is the best you will ever have. A real secret gem

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
TheRagRawnsley, Owner at The Rag Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit to The Rag. We're happy to read that everything lived up to expectation and that you enjoyed your meal - and that you had room for dessert! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

How my husband and I wish we lived closer to this wonderful restaurant - we go there when we visit my sister. Five of us had lunch there yesterday and we we all blown away by the quality of the food, its excellent presentation and service and the comfort sitting at a roomy table in an spacious restaurant - AND no screaming kids which seem to be a feature of everywhere else when we eat out! And on top of that, the cost is so reasonable especially compared with down south. Many thanks to the Rag for a lovely memorable and most enjoyable meal.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends

We're delighted that everything was right for you Ann M and thank you for your very positive comments. We hope that when you're next back in Staffordshire we can once again welcome you to The Rag.

Reviewed May 31, 2017 via mobile

Celebrated my parents ruby anniversary here as we'd heard good things about it. We were not disappointed. The restaurant itself is set out well, and it was easy to talk to each other as there was minimal background noise.

There was plenty of choice for each course. For the starter I shared the garlic mushrooms with my partner which were lovely. I opted for the plaice stuffed with crab & crayfish for my main - absolutely delectable. They served the vegetables separately and there was plenty to go round. Pudding was scrumptious; after dinner mint cheesecake. My only criticism would be it was too big!

I would definitely recommend this and we will be going back.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family

Thank you for your lovely review, and for choosing The Rag to celebrate your parents' special anniversary. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 12, 2017 via mobile

Visited Thd Rag for lunch with my two daughters. Food was excellent good local sourced. food served by very pleasant staff. Not to much to choose from though. Although enough for three of us to choose different dishes

Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family

Thank you for your very kind words. We're pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit to The Rag and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.