“Home from home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cannock
The Cottage Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 5 Cannock B&B and Inns
Holywell, Wales, United Kingdom
“Home from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

Having recently stayed at the cottage it was spotlessly clean, the room was on suite, i found it charming and large enough to sleep 3 adults. Steve the owner was always friendly and cooked an amassing breakfast. I would defiantly stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Caroline B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Bolton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed here and we would go back again. Yes the rooms are a little dated and could do with some complimentary body wash and shampoo but they are clean and comfortable. The breakfasts are always lovely and who wouldn't want their toast buttered whilst it was still hot!
A pleasant stay for £55 per night for a couple.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cazaustin
Victoria, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

The Cottage I believe has seen better days but for one night the small room with ensuite was adequate for our needs. If you were a tall person you might fine it uncomfortable. The room was clean and the atmosphere was friendly. The WiFi wasn't working so we walked down the road to the Pub and found their WiFi wasn't working either but the second pub did have access. The hearty breakfast was a good start to the day. The location to the Wedgewood factory is good. All in all not a bad place to stop for the night. Would I stay here again, maybe. We were a bit surprised in the morning to find two dogs in the dining room. They were guests, so this might be a pet friendly establishment. The water pressure could be better for the shower and toilet. The TV was very small and hung in the corner of the room.

Room Tip: I don't know if there are any rooms with high ceiling I would ask if you are a tall person.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KarylAlan
Liverpool, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

This review is in no way a reflection on the owner, Steve, who is a lovely man and who made us feel very welcome. The place however is dated and tired and in need of some basic maintenance. Our room (2 I think) was small, which is fine, but had some low sloping ceilings which you have to be careful of. There was a microwave in the room (???), a switch that is broken, the loo handle was also broken. The whole room felt like it needed an update and a really good clean (I counted half a dozen dead wasps which had collected in the light fitting in the bathroom for example). Saying that it was lovely and quite and my wife said she had two excellent nights sleep.

We went for breakfast with a bit of trepidation after Steve told the couple we were with that he needed to know what time we we staying so he could get everything out of the freezer. Once again, service with a smile but the breakfasts truly were bad. The toast came out pre buttered (if it was butter). The bacon was burnt, I had one and a sort of torn half of sausage on my plate etc etc. it's not that it wasn't edible just poor quality.

I can sort of see why people like the place but in many many years of travelling this was just about the worst place I have stayed in. Granted it is cheap but it could charge more if a bit of investment was put into the bedrooms. Declutter them, decorate in plain neutral colours, check everything works as it should, update the showers and bathroom fittings and charge a bit more to pay for it. Also get some decent fresh ingredients for breakfast (it is really important)

We won't be going back but I wish Steve every success.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Stevee303_11

Travelers are raving about these Cannock hotels

Almería, Andalucia, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

We read all the reviews and only one bad review so decided that the majority sang its praises so thought we would book this B&B for our festive holidays visiting the family as we live in Spain and were looking for a family run place to stay.
Straight away, there was a festive feel to the place; the dining room was lovely and quaint to have breakfast in. Our room was very clean and the overall size was very good, we stayed in room 2 with en suite. The floorboards creaked a little in the bathroom but I can honestly say the bed didn’t!!
The owner, Steve, I would refer to as a character, with a love of his Cottage, and he cooks a mean breakfast. Staying in a B&B for Christmas is not for everyone, but it was the next best thing to home for us, thank you Steve and his partner Jane.

Room Tip: Book room 2 for couples and room 1 if you have children, and im told pets are welcome
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

I stayed in the Cottage whilst on a bow making course and for a friendly short stay B&B you can't beat it. The breakfast was excellent and perfect for those with a large appetite. Although I had the only room without an ensuite this was not an issue because the bathroom was right next to my room and no one else used it. The room was immaculate although the beam in the roof was a bit low for me if I got out of bed to quickly.

What can I really say in addition apart from when I'm back in Cannock I'll be booking The Cottage.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank TheOldToxophilist
Driffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

stayed at the cottage bed and breakfast for two nights superb very clean owner was allways there to help the breakfast was cooked to order and was fantastic i dont know how he does it at the price he charges once again a big thank you tony and sandra .from the east riding of yorkshire.

Room Tip: all rooms are great and no traffic noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank apl15jul51
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cannock
Premier Inn Cannock South Hotel
Roman Way Hotel
#2 of 2 in Hatherton
Premier Inn Cannock (Orbital) Hotel
Holiday Inn Birmingham North - Cannock

Been to The Cottage Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!