“Room OKish, pub/restaurant poor”

Premier Inn Cannock (Orbital) Hotel
Premier Inn Cannock (Orbital) Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Cannock
New Forest National Park Hampshire, United Kingdom
“Room OKish, pub/restaurant poor”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed 2 nights in a very clean room (the carpet freshener was a touch over done). Had 2 good nights sleep but only through keeping the window closed as a train line runs right past the building on one side and a busy by-pass on the other.

The majority of the staff in the pub/restaurant next door gave the impression that they would rather be somewhere/anywhere else.

At over £70 per night excluding breakfast not good value.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Cannock (Orbital) Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed provide this. Please be assured that your comments will be duly followed up by the Management Team at this hotel. We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
England, Arkansas
Reviewed October 12, 2013

the premier inn in cannock was very good quality for money staff were welcoming and friendly and the rooms were nicely spaced the meals were well made and child friendly and the bathroom was very clean and big we stayed in a family room for 4 we got a desk 2 single beds and 1 double bed and a large bathroom

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Kerry B, Manager at Premier Inn Cannock (Orbital) Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us at Cannock Orbital Premier Inn.

I am pleased to hear you and your family found your stay comfortable and I will pass on the comments to the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Clean, polite staff, quiet and the food was excellent from the restaurant, stayed here on the way back from alton towers as its only 40 mins away and in a good location to the m5 motorway would recommend and would stay there again

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Darren S
Thank you for your comments from your stay here with us at Cannock Orbital Premier Inn.

I will be passing on your kind comments to the team in the hotel and the restaurant.

I hope you had an enjoyable visit to Alton Towers and we look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit.

Perthshire
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Stayed at Cannock Orbital on way down to South of Engalnd for a few days holiday. Met friends and had a meal at the hotel. Very easy to get to from motorway and even though close we did not hear traffic. Ideal stop off location for us. Receptionist was exceptionally friendly and chatty and made us very welcome. Room was clean and comfortable and good nights sleep. Had breakfast at Brewers Fayre attached to hotel. Service a bit slower and quality of food not quite as good as dinner the previous evening but overall it was acceptable. All in all excellent value for money and would consider this hotel and Premier Inn again in the future

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Titch242013
Kerry B, Manager at Premier Inn Cannock (Orbital) Hotel, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay with us here at Cannock Orbital Premier Inn.

I am pleased that my team made you feel welcome and will be passing on your comments to them.

We look forward to welcoming you again to Cannock Orbital in the future.

Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 2, 2013

After visit to Thomas land a clean friendly stay. Food nice and close to local supermarket and main motorway. Everything we needed for an uncomplicated stop over to break up the journey home for the kids.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Essex
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Had 4 nights at htis hotel last week. I had changed by booking from the Premier Inn at Great Barr Birmingham to this hotel due to the very hot weather, and this one having air conditioning. How pleased I am that I did. The girls on reception were so friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean, and well fitted out, and the whole hotel experience was an enjoyable one.
I use Premier Inns about 30 weeks per year, so I have had a mixture of good and bad ones, and am very critical of the bad ones, so it is only fair that I offer praise to the good ones.
I normally find that the attached restaurants leave an awful lot to be desired, and avoid, where possible, the Brewers Fayre chain as it is certainly not the best, it is the cheaper end of the Whitbread pub "cafe's" and normally never fail to live up to their poor standard but I decided to suffer this one in order to enjoy the air con. However, I have to say the service, friendliness, and food qulity of this restaurant surprised me to the point of disbelief. The staff could not do enough to ensure that I had a good experience. Top marks to this hotel and restaurant, it should be used as an example to the rest of the chain, and possibly become the trainIng centre for all the other bad restaurants.
I have to say a very big thank you to all the staff at both the hotel and restaurant, and only wish all of the locations could come close to being as good as this one.
My only comment would be that the car park is at one side of the site, and in the winter months, or in the rain, it is a bit of a walk to reception, but I would certainly not let this ever put me off from enjoying this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

From the location on a busy junction you would expect it to be noisy however I had a very good nights sleep without any noise. As i was travelling by train and there are no taxis at the station, I had a 20 minute walk. The lady in reception told me that they would happily have arranged for a taxi to pick me up if I had called. The reception staff were very friendly and more than happy to book me a taxi in the morning. Breakfast was standard fare but i have no complaints. It what you would expect from a Premier Inn and why I choose that brand if one is available.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cannock
Holiday Inn Birmingham North - Cannock
Holiday Inn Express Stafford M6 Jct. 13
Travelodge Rugeley
Travelodge Rugeley
#2 of 3 in Rugeley

Been to Premier Inn Cannock (Orbital) Hotel? Share your experiences!