“Lovely wedding reception” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 5 Cannock B&B and Inns
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Lovely wedding reception”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Stayed over when attending a wedding reception. Lovely place!

Rooms was massive and clean. Fair enough there was no looroll holder, but that is the only thing I can comment on. Massive comfortable bed!

Breakfast was self service. Some sausages saw better days, but were edible.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as attending a wedding nearby. They allowed us to book in early so we could get changed which was very good of them. Very strange reception area. Room was good with very big bed. No loo roll holder which was odd. We overlooked a courtyard and it was noises with staff banging in the kitchen and shouting last thing at night and early in the morning.
The breakfast in my view was not good. Not well presented and I did not eat my sausages as felt they looked under cooked. Dingy place to eat as well. Overall this place is ok but could do so much better. Having read previous reviews I was looking forward to my stay but it did not match my expectations. I would use again if was in the area and I am sure I may have hit the place on an off day.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Cannock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Our daughter's wedding was held at 'The Barns' and it was a fantastic day! Perfectly organised from start to finish and the food etc was great. The accommodation was very nice and the staff couldn't do enough to make sure that we all enjoyed a day to remember. Perfect! I would have no hesitation in recommending this venue for a wedding or party.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Excellent hotel - rooms very acceptable, full English breakfast large enough to see you through the day although it would have been nice to have had some black pudding (made up for it in the evening). The meal we had in the evening was very good (Belly of pork with Black Pudding & Mash). I would recommend this hotel

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Buxton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed for one night whilst attending a concert at Cannock Chase.

It was ideal. Easy to find and ample parking available on arrival. All the staff were friendly and helpful, the room was impeccably clean and the comfortable bed gave us a good night's sleep. We had already eaten by the time we arrived but the meals being served as we passed by the restaurant looked very tempting (and reasonably priced as well). We did take breakfast in the morning and that was a pleasure in itself.

The Barns Hotel will definitely be our first choice for any future events in the locality

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Il76chaser
Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

As part of my 5 day sponsored ride I needed a room that was quiet and relaxing with helpful staff to make my stay stress free. The room was silent at night as the rooms are in an adjacent building to the bar and restaurant which was perfect. My wife and I were very pleasantly surprised at the decor and quality of decoration and fitments which were all of very high specification and the bed was very comfortable.

Breakfast was excellent and I ordered smoked salmon and scrabbled eggs which came with in generous portions rare these days of cut backs and cost cutting. The lady who brought our breakfast was friendly and interacted well and could not have been more helpful.

Out of the four hotels we stopped in this was by far the best and at a reasonable price.

It was no surprise to me after very restful night that my ride the following day was the most relaxed of the 5 days.

We are going to return for a weekend break later this year.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Llanuwchllyn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

I attended a family wedding at The Barns, we were made to feel very welcome on arrival, because of the inclement weather we were very early but they managed admirably. We had the use of several comfortable rooms whilst waiting to eat. Some pictures were taken outside during a break in the weather, then after some regigging of the speeches we started the meal, a choice of 4 starters, 3 mains and 4 desserts for a wedding for 60. They delivered all food ordered promptly, hot and extremely tasty, very generous portions, some couldn't finish their meals they were so full.
I would whole heartedly recommend this venue for a meal out or a special occation

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Richard_Turner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cannock
Oak Farm Hotel
The Moat House
The Moat House
#1 of 1 in Acton Trussell
Mercure Stafford South Hatherton House Hotel

Been to The Barns Hotel? Share your experiences!