“"a fabulous time was had by all .... exceeded expectations!"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Widemouth Bay
Outdoor Adventure Residential Activity Centre
London, United Kingdom
“"a fabulous time was had by all .... exceeded expectations!"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2010

I don’t often put pen to paper, or in this case fingers to keys, to write holiday reviews, but I felt I just had to in this case.

It's not often you go somewhere now and it exceed your expectations but Outdoor Adventure certainly did for me and my family. My husband and I and my 10 year old son went there in July this year. Unfortunately the weather was dull, rainy and cold but we still went in the sea everyday and did loads of new and exciting activities. I really loved the fact that we could do the same or different activities so giving us some family time and some personal time to challenge ourselves in cases such as "coasteering" which was really exhilarating. Despite the weather, we all had an action packed and fun week and were extremely lucky because the group of people who were there at the same time as us were all lovely.

The whole team at Outdoor Adventure made our time with them so very special and enjoyable. They were fun, supportive and overall patient in making our attempts at surfing, kayaking and windsurfing fun and not making us feel like total idiots.

The food was fab too .... loved by kids and adults, and you get a choice each day, plus there's a bar.

Always smiling, despite the rain; flexible too to make sure we all did as much as could during our time with you. Nothing was too much trouble.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Coventry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2010

My best friend asked me to be his Best Man for his wedding and when this announcement came, I went straight onto organising the Stag Do for him. As wll as his it was my own personal preference not to do the typical “hit the town and get drunk” kind of Stag Do, because that isn’t particularly my image of memorable send off.

Anyhow, I knew there were Leisure centres around the country that specialise in Outdoors/Indoors activities, but didn’t know who or where to go so I went onto Google to find some inspirations and I came across several companies who offered similar things. However, soon I realised that almost all of them offered a good range of activities for competitive price their offered only extended to the activities. Keeping a low budget was a big request from my friend so I was frantically contacting and talking to different companies to get more details and prices and I was getting no where.

But thank god I came across Outdoor Adventure. I contacted them and received a very prompt and detailed reply from Andy. To my delight he told me that they are able offer an all inclusive activity weekend including equipment rental, transfer to activity locations, all 3 meals, tea and coffee + accommodation for under £200!!! I was amazed by my finding and quickly talked to my friend and got the go ahead from him.

The rest of the organisation went very smoothly with help from Andy. We did a total of 4 activities + a night out in a local town. But for me one of the nicest things about the weekend was that they arranged a camp fire on the garden on the first night while we were all arriving at different times from different locations. We stocked ourselves with plenty of beers and waited until everybody arrived. Sitting outside appreciating the beautiful Cornish scenery, enjoying the comforting warmth of the fire, catching up with friends and building up the anticipation and excitement for all of the activities to come, that kind of enjoyment cannot be paid by money.

The next two days were filled with fun, thrill and adrenalin by doing all of the exciting activities. Everybody who was invited thoroughly enjoyed themselves and all of them were so impressed with the way Outdoor adventure is set up. I cannot thank enough to Andy and the rest of the team who worked very hard to make our weekend such a brilliant time. I hope this place will run for many years to come and I am hoping to pay them another visit in not so distant future.

Whether you are going by yourself, with partners, family or like us a group getaway; I strongly recommend this place as they are very organised, equipment are in good conditions and that they offer such a good value for the money you spend.

• Stayed May 2010
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2010

Spent an amazing hen weekend at Outdoor Adventure in Widemouth Bay - abseiling, surfing, canoeing and coastal walk. Booking was simple and easy. All the girls paid directly, so no headaches over who paid what and when. Accomodation was clean and basic. All staff were incredibly friendly and made the experience special. The food was also top notch! We were really looked after - from mums, friends and little sisters. All the girls commented that it was the best hen do they had been on! That's gotta be hard to beat!

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank Cr00kster
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2010

Went with stag do and had a great time. The extreme sports were brilliant and the staff set them at a level appropriate for the audience. Gets your adrenalin going and makes you appreciate the power of the sea when co-steering. I would recommend it as a good lads weekend. Staff happy to take you into BUDE after your days activities so you can have a good crack over a few beers about your day.
The accomodation could do with updating however its a bed to sleep in and thats all you need.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank 5ilverf0x
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2010

I stayed at Outdoor Adventure in June with 4 friends for a weekend of male bonding, some extreme sports and a few beers. I have previously stayed a number of times with family so was confident of a great weekend, my 4 friends didn't know what to expect.
Outdoor Adventure is situated on a private cove in an unspoilt part of Cornwall that will make anyone enjoy their surroundings, my friends were immediately impressed. The food never stops coming and is of good quality and best described as great home cooking. My only wish is that the sleeping arrangements were slightly improved as I haven't slept in a bunk bed for 28 years, still what can you expect from an activity weekend.
By far the greatest aspect is the interaction and tuition from the instructors. They make everything enjoyable whether you're a group of lads or a young child doing something scary for the first time - the banter between staff and guests makes you feel very welcome, yet they remain very professional and ensure everyone's complete safety. They're obviously very good at their extreme sports and if you're lucky you'll catch one of them showing off - like Andy windsurfing backwards whilst talking on his mobile.
I will definitely be returning, probably with family but also friends. An ideal location for a active weekend away or a stag/hen party.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Bristol
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2010

Amazing, we went as a stag group and had a brilliant time. Arranging it all couldn't have been easier with the staff being more than helpful and making my job as best man alot easier! When we got there we were taken to the local pub by minibus (free of charge!) where we played on there footie pitch, pool table and drank way to much. The activities were top notch (especially coasteering) and a great time was had by all. We'll be going back, you should go......

• Stayed August 2010
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2010

We wanted to leave a message to anyone considering a family activity holiday....book with Outdoor Adventure!!

We all had the best time ever! We never had a chance to get bored as there were so many exciting activities to try and everything that we needed was provided for us. The staff were incredible always willing to go the extra mile and the food provided was far too good!!

The accommodation was simple but very comfortable and more than was required. More importantly it is set in the most beautiful grounds with one of the best sea views you could ever experience with it's own private beach. WOW. We will definitely all be returning!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Bay View Inn
Bay View Inn
#1 of 2 in Widemouth Bay
Widemouth Bay Caravan Park

Been to Outdoor Adventure Residential Activity Centre? Share your experiences!