“Cheap and cheerful, but decent enough for money”
Review of The William Coppin - CLOSED

The William Coppin
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Went in here last week for the first time in a while, last time I went it was poor , so hadn't been back for a bit.

Have changed the menu for the better with more choice, and have to say I enjoyed what I ordered. Had the jumbo hotdog with chips which was tasty, got a beer with that inc, was less that £6.00.
Only downside - THE CHIP PORTIONS ! ! - Had this big hotdog, and next to it was a tiny pot the size of an egg cup with like 6 or 7 chips in ! I know I got a meal and beer for less than 6 quid but to put a few more chips on plate would have made it better - they are one of the easist and cheapes things to serve. Went and ordered extra portion of chips which came quickly, and that all filled me up.

My mate who was with me had a bacon panini with chips and he enjoyed hsi aswell.

Would go back for a cheap meal, as really liked the hotdog.

Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

It's cheap and, again, you get what you pay for, uninspired staff and uninspired food, beers cheap though.
The steak club meal was £5.99 for a small steak and chips and that's it , for £9.89 you can have a steak chips peas, tomato and flat mushroom with a free drink ( pint or wine ect) which is much better value.

1  Thank mrgrimsby
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Three of us went last week, two had the Christmas Lunch and one had the club sandwich. The turkey was so small it was absurd, the veg was overcooked, the sausages/bacon had been cooked virtually to ash and the stuffing balls were vile. The roast potatoes were a kind of factory made thing rather than proper potatoes - I imagine deep fried from frozen and were actually delicious and much nicer than the usual badly-cooked 'real' roasts so 10/10 for the roasts, even if they weren't actually roasts! The club sandwich was great.

We thought the total bill was a bit steep for what it was though the staff were pleasant.

1  Thank Lemain
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

The food was very affordable and tasted lovely.easy to take a family out and not overspend,sometimes tables could be a bit sticky and messy.but delicious food and good serving times.

1  Thank Ben B
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We went last night to the Curry night which was very good so I suggested to my wife as we were leaving Gurnard Pines this morning we would nip in there for breakfast on our way to the ferry. Now I know these places are only as good as the cook( "cant call them chef "), but the school leaver most probably on job experience surpassed them self today, the Hash browns were yesterdays leftovers , the beans had not even been heated , the sausage was cold ,cooked (most proberly yesterday) but cold , in fact the only thing that was hot was the egg , I think that was the only thing on the plate that was freshly cooked and the rest was yesterdays left overs , they cant use the excuse they were busy as we were the only customers there ,maybe everyone had heard how bad the breakfast is there, the waitress did not even come over to ask if everything was ok ,maybe she is fed up with being told its not.